Chapter 18

After school, I and some friends went to the store to pick out a dress to wear at prom. My friend Abby, held up a light, pink dress that went below the knees. I liked it but I wanted us to all be certain first. "This one?" Abby said putting the dress in front of her.

"I love it, but we really should check out all our choices first." I told her. She held onto the dress to make sure no one would snatch it. She walked with us to check out other dresses.

My friend, Claire held up a blue dress that went right above the knee. "This one matches Luke's tie."

"Oh my God." My friend, Amanda yelled out. "It's absolutly beautiful. That's what we all should do. Get dresses to match our dates ties."

They all cheered as I just looked at dresses. I couldn't cheer because the guy I'm in love with is 300 miles away.

"Oh, come on, Emily! Don't be a downer." Abby called out.

"I'm not a downer. I just don't get why you're so happy."

''Duh, because we got smokin' hot dates who will hopefully take us home with them." Amanda said with a wink.

"Well, the guy I love is 300 miles away." I said.

"Emily, we've tried to hook you up.'' Claire started. "You shouldn't hold yourself down with one guy."

"No other guy matters other than David."

My friends just ignored the statement and went on looking for dresses. I found this beautiful white strapless dress that went up to the knees.

I tried on the dress and looked myself in the mirror checking it over before walking out to show the girls.

When I walked out, they all gasped.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

"That dress looks amazing on you." Amanda said.

"Yeah," Started Claire. "I would never be able to pull that off."

"You sure you don't want us to hook you up? I mean a guy wouldn't be able to keep his hands of you." Stated Abby.

"I'm positive."

The girls looked at one another than back at me. "I think we all agree that you need to get off the pony and get on the horse." Abby said. I didn't know what she was talking about.

"What?"

Abby sighed. "Move on. Move on up to bigger and better. And I'm not saying that in a mature way."

"You can be a bitch sometimes." Amanda said looking at her.

"I own up to it.''

When we finished, I settled on the white dress. My friends kept bugging me everytime they saw a cute boy walking in the mall saying I should ask him out and I'm just like no.

We all got into my car because I was driving everyone. I dropped Amanda off first, then Abby, then Claire.

I pulled into my drive way, where my brother's car was parked and my Dad parked next to him. I pulled up behind Timmy's car and parked the car. I grabbed my bags before going unside.

"Hey, Emily." My Dad called out. "You got a letter in the mail."

That shocked me, I never got letters in the mail. The only letter I got was my acceptence into college. Dad pointed out where he put the mail on the coffee table. Of course most of it was bills and ads but at the bottom was a normal, square shaped letted with a handwritten adress on it. It said to me and my address.