Chapter Seven - Dealing with Mr Bi-Polar

"Tyler? Where are we going?" I tried again as he made his way to his motor bike while still clutching onto my arm tightly. He didn't respond, instead, he roughly shoved a helmet into my hands and got on the bike. I stared down at the helmet, then back at him in doubt.

“Get on.” He growled furiously. With wide eyes, I nodded and climbed onto the bike while pulling the helmet over my head. I wrapped my arms around his muscly torso tightly as he revved his bike to life and started speeding out of school.

I was skipping class. On my second week here. With a guy that has Bi-Polar issues on a motor bike. And the best part? I didn’t even know where we were going. After countless twists and turns into streets I didn’t know, we stopped at a small house at the end of a dead-end road. It had a little lawn filled with white and red roses on the wall of the house and was surrounded by a white picket fence. Some of the paint had worn off a few of the pickets, turning them into a musty grey colour. The door was plain black, and the wall had a graffiti scribbled in red.

Tyler turned the motor bike off and put the handle down for it to stay up right. After that, he put his large hands on my waist and lifted me off. “Wait here. Don’t speak to anyone, don’t look at anyone, and don’t even breathe next to anyone.” He said in a low voice. I took off the helmet and nodded bleakly while swallowing nervously. He nodded his head and started walking towards the house’s door.

I looked around the neighbourhood nervously. Where were we? Whose house was this? And more importantly, why were we here? I started to lean against the motor bike to look casual and squealed in fright when it started falling. I caught the heavy vehicle just before it hit the floor and let out a sigh of relief. That was close. Unfortunately for me, the helmet that was hanging off the handle had fallen off and made three loud banging noises as it bounced on the pathway and rolled onto the street.

I let go of the motorbike and started running after the helmet as it rolled down the road. Just as I picked it up. I heard Tyler's voice."Emma! What are you doing?" He called from the door that he disappeared into a few minutes ago. I turned around and looked at him with wide eyes while holding the helmet to my chest.

He was beside me in a flash with a smirk imprinted on his lips. "Is this your definition of staying quiet and not moving?"

"I- It was an accident!" I managed to squeak out.

He chuckled. "I saw the whole thing. You gave me a very good view of your ass by the way, thank you." The smirk started growing as I glared at him.

"You're so Bi-Polar, you know that?" I frowned, handing him the helmet then pulling my shirt down from behind.

"Let's go." He said, ignoring my comment.

"Where are we going? Back to school? Oh good, I thought I was going to be skipping school o my second week here. Thank you for taking me back, really - wait, where are you going? You want me to go with you in there? Who lives there? Do I know them?" I was rambling, and I sounded annoying; even to myself. But I was curious.

“Relax.” Was all Tyler replied with as he opened the door and stepped to the side for me to enter. As soon as my eyes scanned the place, I was stunned.