Chapter Four - The Dance - With A Special Guest.

Tyler didn't go to school the next day. And I didn't see James or Damien either. I started to stress about my dress and shoes for the dance which didn't help me when I got home and started cooking dinner for my mum and did my homework. The only good news I had received all day was that my little sister was coming back home from her camping trip.

Friday came and I went to school with a sick feeling in my stomach. What if Tyler didn't come today with the dress? I bit my lip as I squeezed myself through the crowd to get to my locker.

"HEY! HEY EMMA!" I heard someone call out. Everyone has stopped walking and were looking at the door with startled looks on their faces. Then they turned to me and I blushed.

"HEY BLONDIE! WE HABE YOUR STUFF FOR - JAMES YOU IDIOT! GIVE THEM TO ME SHE LIKES ME BETTER!" I know that was Damien from the nickname. my eyes widened in embarrassment as they both made their way towards me, grinning like nothing was wrong. I gulped and looked around to find everyone's pairs of eyes on us.

"Hey guys..." I trailed off, giving an uncomfortable smile.

"HI!" James grinned, then engulfed me in a bone crushing gig. "How are you Emma?" He asked once he pulled away.

"I'm good thank you. And you?" I asked.

He nodded enthusiastically. "I'M GREAT!"

I laughed. "That's good." I looked over at Damien who was grinning at me. "Greetings Blondie."

I laughed. "Hey Damien. How are you?"

"Excellent." He smirked, while impersonating Mr Burns from The Simpsons. I laughed and shook my head at his goofy smile. "Guys, I don't mean to be rude but do you have my dress and shoes? The dance is tonight!" I stressed.

"Oh! We almost forgot! Here you go!" James said, whole handing me the dead and Damien handed me the shoes. I guess they made the decision to share on their way to me.

"Oh thank you so much, you guys are awesome!" I smiled, and hugged them again.

"No problem. We weren't even coming to school but Tyler made us do we can give you the dress. Now we have to get back to the gan-" James let out a groan as Damien punched his stomach. "What was that for man?!" He exclaimed.

Damien gave him a pointed look before James ooohhh'd and nodded in understanding. I raised my eyebrow but didn't question it. Damien turned back to me. "Okay, we have to go now, but there's one more thing we have to clarify. Who do you like more; me," Damien started flexing his muscles and grinned, "Or dumbass over here?" He whacked James across the head who protested then glared at him.

"Aw come on. I can't choose between you two! You're both my favourite people in the whole world. How about that?" I tried.

They thought about it for a second. "Do you like us even better then you like Tyler?" James asked childishly. I started to blush. "Now where would you get an idea like that?"

"Well, I mean, don't you?" James asked.

"Uh..." I trailed off, embarrassed. "I mean, sure I like him... He's a nice guy... Sometimes."

"But we're better, of course." Damien said smugly. James grinned and agreed then they both said goodbye to me and walked straight back out of the doors they came from. I sighed and decided to close my locker then, and that made me realize that everyone was still staring at me.

"Friends." I smiled nervously, trying to sound casual, before scurrying off to class.

*

"I still can't believe you have a poster of the guy from tangled. He's cartoon!" Alice exclaimed, examining the poser of Flynn Rider on my wall.