Burning Love (Kia)

So this hits #3 in Kia and I halt work on everything else to write a song for this oneshot.

Yes, this song I wrote myself specifically for Kia, so there's no music video.

Oliaxa  and everyone else, enjoy!

𖣘𖣘𖣘

When we met I didn't like you that much

It was a summer evening. Lia had been out at the mall with a few of her friends when a spiky-haired man had bumped, quite literally, into her.

But there was no denying to either of us
That you were fiery, oh-oh
So fiery

Only a few words were exchanged between the two.

I jumped out of your path

So, that was it, right? Lia never thought she'd see him again, and any thoughts of him quickly slipped from her mind.

And so I thought that was that
But the winds of fate had other plans
It turned you right back 'round

A few nights later, Lia was at the town square. She'd seen him across the field and prayed that he wouldn't notice her. But alas, he did.

And this time I was swept up in your firestorm

Conversation was awkward at first, but slowly they eased into each other's presence. Lia found herself being attracted to his eyes, his laugh, his voice- just about everything about him.

And now
I can't escape
Your burning love
Oh-

Soon after, she'd found out that he was the brother of one of her best friends, Nya, and the close friend of another one, Eliza.

Your burning love
Even if I wanted to
Your flames are burnin' me alive

He'd asked her out, and she'd accepted.

I can't escape
This burning love

If someone had told her two months ago that she would fall head-over-heels for a boy she ran into at the mall, she would've scoffed and called them crazy. But now, she was the crazy one. Crazy for that spiky-haired boy in red.

My heart's on a revolutionary revelation
I'm like a witch trapped on a stake

She was worried that he didn't feel quite the same. They weren't officially together yet. But what she didn't know is that she held his heart in the palm of her hand.

I stole your heart, ain't giving it back
You can't hurt me
I'm already burnt to black

Then he'd kissed her, and she'd almost exploded. Never had she ever thought that one person could make her feel this way with one simple action.

So baby, come get me
Your flames are fast but mine are faster

Any remaining doubt was gone, and she was left with him. Really, that's what she wanted.

Come-come get me if you want
The chase is on
Fighting fire with fire

It seemed so cliche, but this love was just cliche enough to become real.

But I realize maybe running was a mistake
Cause now-

Lia had never been labeled as 'boy-crazy'. She didn't get why some girls were. But now, she wondered that if those girls felt the same way that she did with Kai every time that they claimed to be in love, how on earth they stayed sane.

I can't escape
Your burning love
Oh-

Everything about this boy was just... fiery. The element was in his spirit, in his touches, and in his personality. No one could miss it.

Your burning love
Even if I wanted to

She never wanted to leave his side.

Your flames are burning me alive
I can't escape
This burning love

Her friends hadn't exactly understood. Eliza's mind hadn't yet been exposed to love. Nya had just shrugged and said "It must be a Kai thing."

Oh baby
I'm right here
Come set me ablaze

Both of their spirit animals was a phoenix, the fire bird. When they'd found that out, Kai had laughed and said, "It's a sign."

I'm already too hot to handle
Enough to reduce a house to shambles

Lia was kind of embarrassed telling people how they met- running into each other at the mall.

Oh baby
I'm right here
Come set me ablaze
Oh yeah
Oh yeah

But she would've been happy with meeting him in a dumpster if that meant she would still get to be with him.

No water, no ice can put me out
I'm glowing right up from the inside

She'd heard love was a paradox, how it wasn't within humans' range of understanding. She could confirm that love really did feel like that, senseless but sensitive, insane but levelheaded.

And your burning love
Is what's killing me now

Nothing else had ever clouded her head as much as this one boy. Gods, she loved him, and he loved her right back.

Oh yeah
It's killing me now

𖣘𖣘𖣘

Well, that's a record for how fast I've ever written a song and oneshot.

Peace out ✌️