Chapter 21

We didn't try again as we slept too long and were woke by Bay crying for me, no one else could calm him. He knew something was wrong. His bedroom was no longer there, his toys, his sister were missing. Plus granddad didn't know how to play his favourite games. He was most put out by it all so was brought to me for a snuggle as he was shattered, which suited me as I had missed him so much I didn't want to let go.

He enjoyed the sleep, all toastie warm under the blankets with one sheet separating him from mine and Lee's naked bodies. That was until I was woke with a jolt, I could hear a cub growling. I tried to soothe Bay but realised it wasn't him. My eyes flicked around the room trying to focus and shake off the just woke up feeling.

"Lee," I tapped his leg which was flung over me. "A cubs growling."

"Shhh," he said patting a whimpering Bay who was still sleeping.

"It's not Bay?"

He sat up wearily, looking around the room as I had. One moment he was there the next his lion was stood on the bed. He turned and looked at Bay, leaning down to sniff him, a low growl rumbling. Bay woke and turned his head wearily towards the lion. No fear in his eyes as he reached out his hand for Lee to give it a few licks. "Gandad," Bay called sitting up.

To my complete shock his grandfather's lion entered the room seconds later with Willow hanging from his mouth in cub form.

"Ahhhh," I squealed racing off the bed with a sheet around me. "You found her!" He dropped her into my arms, she was filthy dirty. Covered in scratches and not doubt bruises beneath her fur. She growled at her grandfather, "Aww baby, come give me a cuddle," I said putting her against my shoulder and patting her fluffy bum like she was used to. "There, there, you poor thing," I took her over to the bed so I could have a real look at her while her grandfather changed back to human.

"Where did you find her?" Lee asked who was now wearing his boxers having turned back into human form and was holding Bay who was now in cub form. Trying to keep up with all the form changing was hurting my head.

"We used Bay to trace her. He showed Sebastian an image of Willow biting someone's ankle. Your mother knew someone from cubs who had the same injury."

"Oh shit, how is that person now?" Lee asked.

"Do you really need to know the answer? She made Mae look tame," his father teased.

"Dead then?" I asked, wanting confirmation.

"Very, and those working with her. Your mother kind of lost the plot when she saw the injuries on the poor thing," was the reply.

I grimaced as I looked down at Willow. I was no vet but she has been beaten.

"Where is she?" Lee's mother called a timber in her voice that sent the hair up on the back of my neck.

"In here," Lee replied.

In she walked covered in blood and scary as hell.

"Finished killing?" her husband asked sarcastically.

"No, I am just taking a break to sort out my grandchildren. Then I will start again," she was deadly serious.

He rolled his eyes.

"Are you pregnant?" she asked.

"I hope so," I replied as otherwise I was going to be on her hit list.

"Good," she lifted up Willow. "Do you want to change for me so I can see your pretty face?" she asked her sweetly. Willow squealed a protest. "Ok, don't worry. Nanny will get you all cleaned up and make you something lovely to eat."