Chapter 18

"I think you are using people as a link to others," Uncle explained as I sat in bed sipping a tonic to help my zapped powers. "Conrad didn't remember you but when you were inside him, which was unfortunate for you at the time, you must have managed to bypass the spell and get a link on one of his children. Using that link to find Samuel. I can only assume it is because he was the last of Conrads children you had contact with. You used Conrad to find Samuel. Samuel to find Casper, even though it was weak, you succeeded. We know he is alive and although you couldn't get to him you used him to find Kelis, and Kelis to find her twin Lonnie."

"I can't find my own."

"One at a time. You have a link to these children via Conrad, Sebastian..."

"But no link to my own children as no one remembers them and I can't seem to use them like I can the others," I sighed. "They are my blood."

"Perhaps you can try for another child with Lee and use that as a link."

I shook my head and tried to control my anger at the mention of his name.

"Is there anything I should know?" Uncle raised an eyebrow picking up on my anger.

Again I shook my head.

"I'm going to suggest it again. Try for another child with Lee and..."

"Is there another way?"

"Like what exactly?"

"Like using the DNA from the hair I found in the trunk. Sure it was a bit smelly but..."

"Why can't you just do as I suggest and make another child with Lee?"

"Because I don't want to. I want to find the others, not make a new target."

"Hmm, I never thought of it as a new target. Even more reason to make the child. We can use it to draw out the enemy."

"You are not using my kid as bait."

"It will be inside you, you are the bait."

"No, I won't do it. You need to find another way."

"Lee is your husband, you are going to have sex with him anyway so why not ask for a child. Lee's sperm is different to humans. It can be predatory if he wants it to be. It hunts down the egg and hits the target every time. It's not as easy as it sounds, but Lee has had practice."

My glare towards Uncle earned me another raised eyebrow look in return.

"Are you willing to have a child if it doesn't involve lying with Lee?" he asked, damn he was onto me.

I thought about it. "How far along would I need to be in order to track them?"

"That's up to you, you're the tracker."

We sat in silence as I thought it over.

"Can you do the same as you did with Leona? Knock me up without him."

"Why would I do that? Plus I wouldn't get permission. Your husband is here, not in a hell hole so you will have to try yourselves first."

I shook my head.

"Why not?"

I shrugged.

"Whatever the issue is, you need to discuss it with Lee and come to a decision as a couple."

"Discuss what with me?" Lee asked appearing in the door way. I fought off the urge to find a cliff to throw him off.

"I have suggested you make another child together so Mae can use her gift to link to the others. Mae is concerned it would just be creating another target," Uncle explained.