Chapter 6

When I arrived back home and the shopping was already there. I was miffed that I had missed it as I wanted to see how it arrived. I explained what happened with Uncle as I handed over the credit card and watched the kids rummaging in what he had brought for them.

Gone were the quite kids as all hell broke loose like Christmas morning. He hadn't left my kids out either. Suri was bouncing up and down with her gifts before zooming off to play. I hardly seen her since Conrads kids had arrived. The twins and Lilly Mae were in cub form and playing with chew toys.

"How did you leave it with Uncle?" Lee's mother asked as she unpacked items.

"I'm not sure. He has offered to help Leona meet Lee so that is a bonus. I think he is going to talk to Sebastian to see if he needs help with Conrad as he is his Guardian. I didn't know that."

She nodded, "That is a positive sign."

I was taking Leona out of the baby seat when the ground shook and all my senses heightened but not in time. Sebastian giant hand grabbed my waits, nearly crushing me. I held Leona out by one arm as I struggled not to drop her.

"Sebastian! Stop it! She has the baby!" Leona was barely in the arms of her grandmother before we disappeared through a portal. I screamed for Uncle as everything moved at the speed of a bullet. I hit the floor with a sickening thud, a roar shaking the air around me. "You should be more concerned with saving your own marriage!" Sebastian growled before I passed out.

***

As I came around I heard my own moans and the rattle of chains. "Uuuurr."

"Stay still Mae," Lee whispered.

My head span as I tried in vain to lift it.

"Stay still," Lee whispered again only this time I realised it was in my mind.

"Lee, I don't know where I am," I thought back. At the same time, my body noticed it was dark, wet, smelly and cold. I had chains on my hands and feet and a collar around my neck. "Lee, I'm stuck."

"Don't pull or they will tighten. They are spelled. The more you protest the tighter they become."

"Where are you?" I couldn't see my hand in front of my face as I crawled to my knees and put a hand to my head. It was bleeding, .

"Stay still, you are hurt."

"Where are you?"

"Over the other side of the cave."

"I can't see you. Reach out so I can feel you."

I felt his reluctance before he spoke to my mind again. "I'm not in the form you prefer."

My hands had been reaching out but snapped back when they realised he was not in human form. No wonder he was speaking to my mind, he was a lion. Terror gripped me and I started to cry. Backing against the wall as I sobbed my heart out in fear and called Uncles name over and over in my mind.

"I won't hurt you, I will stay over here I promise," but even the sound of his lion breathing was now very clear and every move he made echoed around the cave.

"Please let me out, Sebastian please let me out!" I called banging on the wall. "Sebastian please, what did I do wrong? Please!"

"No one can hear you. We are in a different realm. It is reserved for prisoners."

"Uncle, please!" I yelled banging the wall.

"He can't hear you."

"I can't stay here I have a baby to feed! Please Uncle, help me!"