Chapter 19

I stood hanging my head in shame as Sebastian yelled at me. I'd spent a night in his realm, a few hours of which were in a special room without the spell so I could freak out. It was a great relief to release all that pent up anger. I went bat shit crazy until my energy faded and I collapsed like a child after a tantrum.

His wife had also reprimanded me and made me realise I should concentrate on the children and not Lee. My ability to control my powers during my transition was poor and that included my strength. I had nearly shredded his manhood. His mother was out for my blood as a result. He was lucky I didn't bite it off!

Lee had been healed and was coming to see me so we could talk. His mother was coming with him and Conrad's mother was going to stand in as mine. Seeing as my real mother was a useless bitch... damn there goes that temper.

"I don't want to see so much as glare in his direction. Is that clear?" Sebastian yelled.

I nodded.

"Your behaviour has delayed the possible rescue of more children as we have had to deal with all this nonsense."

It was true.

"You are to stand over there and stay quiet. Let the mother figures talk. You will not attack your husband."

My protest earlier that Conrad's wife kicked his arse all the time didn't do me any favours. I was confined to my trunk again in case Lee's mother or his lion paid a visit. Stupid trunk stunk to high heavens!

"So let's go over this one more time. What are you not to do?" Sebastian asked.

"Attempt to kill Lee."

"Oh god, look she has gone straight to the killing part again. She is going to attack him the second she sets eyes on him," he complained to his wife.

"She will not. She might think about it, even fantasise about it but she won't do it," his wife replied.

"I don't want her to think about it," he moaned.

"Her husband is cheating on her. She can think what she likes. She knows the importance of this meeting and will behave. She just wants it over with so we can focus on the children and get back to helping the others look for them. Plus I've given her a little potion to tame her a little. Mae is still in transition, it's not her fault."

"She is a bloody nuisance."

"She is the key to finding the children. Unfortunately she discovered her husband was cheating but she still found two more of our grandchildren before attempting to dismember him."

"Oh well that is ok then, isn't it."

"Don't be sarcastic towards me Sebastian or I will be doing some dismembering of my own," she glared at him as I stood there feeling awkward.

***

When Lee and his mother arrived I stood with my head bowed in shame again.

"Avril, Lee, please come in," Conrad's mother said in a welcoming voice. "Take a seat. Mae, please take your seat."

I walked over to the table and took my seat. Her tap of my foot with her own reminded me to apologise. I cleared my throat nervously and looked up at Lee. As soon as my eyes met his I felt terrible for what I had done.

"I'm sorry," it was barely a whisper. I tried again to clear my throat. "I'm sorry, I hurt you." It was louder, but not as loud as his mother.

"Sorry? You are sorry," she yelled.