DIE ANOTHER DEATH: CHAPTER 12

Hey guys, here's Chapter 12 for you. Read and enjoy !!! And do write in your COMMENTS, suggestions and criticisms, and if you feel generous, VOTE !!!  ;-D

                                CHAPTER 12:-

                              =============

          I looked at my co-passengers in the van. The teen-aged guy was grinning away like a triumphant pirate who had just ravaged an entire ship. His emerald eyes sparkled with a feverish glow that would have in other circumstances concerned me.

          “Dude, you rock!” he gushed. “I thought you’re a gonner when that werewolf pounced on you. But you showed him who the real killer is!”

          I grinned back at him. His energy was infectious; I couldn’t let tiredness overcome me......yet.

          “I’m Jason Monaghan,” he said, extending his hand. “I’m really excited to meet you.”

          “William Anderson,” I returned.

          “He’s our very own J.Mo!” said the woman. Everybody laughed, except Jason and me.

          “I hate being called that,” scowled Jason.

          “J.Mo? Get it?” the woman persisted.

          “I’m sorry, but I don’t,” I said, spreading out my hands.

          “Never mind them,” Jason put in quickly. “Their jokes are understandable only to themselves.”

          “This is Oliver Crowe,” he introduced the bespectacled guy. “These are GT, Lamarck and Boyd at the wheel..........and this beautiful lady here is Linda.”

           Linda blushed. She pushed Jason in the arm.

           “Yo, man,” GT piped up. “You can kick some serious ass.”

           “Er, guys, I know this might sound hilarious, but I really have got no clue as to what’s happening here. Can anybody bring me up to date?” I looked at them hopefully.

           “Well, I was gonna ask you what in the dickens were you doing back there, driving through the town without any care for your safety. But you don’t know anything about what’s goin' on?” asked Oliver, his eyes opening wide in disbelief. He peered at me intently, trying to decide if I was telling the truth.

            “Uh, yeah, well, it’s sort of complicated........I don’t know whether you’ll believe me or not.......I’m finding trouble believing that this is all for real, that this is actually happening. I keep thinking this is all a big, elaborate dream sequence that has stretched out quite a bit and that I’m gonna awake any time soon into a saner environ.”

            “You’re just confusing us. Why don’t you take it from the start and make things easier for us?” Oliver suggested.

           I took a deep breath. “All right, it’s like this. I woke up this morning in a dark alley all by myself.......,”

          The eccentricity of my story appeared to have induced headaches in my listeners, judging from their knitted brows and unfocussed stares. Jason was kneading his temple.