DIE ANOTHER DEATH: CHAPTER 11

Well, I'm back with the next part in the 'scheme' of things !!! Knock yourself out reading it ! LOL !

I hope u enjoy it !!!  ;-D

As always, your COMMENTS and VOTES are most welcome !!!  =)

                                     CHAPTER 11:-

                                  =============

          Gareth Caine knew that it was a touch and go situation. If he didn’t immediately take out the person- or creature- he was not sure about that anymore, death was inevitable for him. The attacker was too close for him to use his rifle and its lethal UV bullets, and there was no time to reach for his trusty Beretta M9, 9mm pistol.

          A split second decision later, Gareth lashed out with his rifle, catching his opponent on the jaw. A bloody gash appeared at the angle of the jaw of his opponent, but Gareth didn’t stop to admire his work. He followed it up with a hard punch over his opponent’s precordium, hoping to jar the latter’s heart around in his chest and effectively incapacitate him for a moment- a moment that would enable him to fire the entire loaded and ready contents of his gun into the body of his fanged adversary- and a series of chops and blows to the neck and loin.

          Any ordinary opponent- a mortal opponent- would have been brought to his knees by Gareth’s deadly strokes.

          But a vampire is neither restricted by the limitations of human strength and endurance, nor is he a punching bag that only takes hits and never strikes back.

          Sean flinched not even a wee bit, and he stood his ground like an unshakable mountain in the path of a violent, raging storm as Gareth went through his martial arts motions.

          Gareth was about to strike him again in mounting desperation when Sean snatched his rifle and threw it down faster than the blink of an eye. Then he wrested Gareth down to the ground, rendering him immobile in a vice-like choke hold.

          “Don’t struggle. Just calm down,” Sean commanded in a voice barely audible beyond a couple of feet. “I’m not going to hurt you.”

          Gareth grimaced. “Yeah, and later we’re going to have a beer and chat about the situation. Don’t try to fool me, vampire!”

          “Look, if I was really going to kill you, you’d have been lying down there by now, your neck more twisted than a wily politician. I’m going to help you out of this shituation you guys have got yourselves in.”

           Gareth’s brain began twitching real fast as he tried to process this totally unexpected- and highly fortunate- turn of events.

           “Wait a second. You are a vampire. You’re one of them. Why are you helping us?” He was completely baffled.

           “I may be one of them, but I don’t share their beliefs and I don’t have their kill- ‘em- all tendencies. We can chat about this all night long but we are really running out of time here. I need some answers- honest answers- fast before I help you. Okay?”