DIE ANOTHER DEATH:- THE UNDERWORLD RELOCATED [3]

Enjoy reading !  ;-D                   

                                      CHAPTER 3:- 

                                   ============

           She moved in closer and pressed her luscious lips against his pale left cheek. A diversion towards the center and her mouth closed over his. As she moved towards his neck, he pushed her away.

          "What's the matter, love?" she asked him, concerned.

          He ran his fingers through his wavy black hair and merely stared out the window at the cerulean sky. A gaggle of geese flew high above the treetops appearing like small specks of clouds flitting away.

          Why does he do this to me? She wondered, slightly annoyed.

          Vanessa caressed his face and enquired again, "What's the matter, Sean? Something is bothering you?"

          Sean's masterfully chiselled face took on an embittered look. His lips were pressed together in a grimace that surprised Vanessa. She looked warily at him, her hand straying to his neck.

          "This is not how I wanted it to be!" he exclaimed heatedly. Vanessa was startled by his outburst. But she did not show it. She placed her palm against his neck, her pointy, expertly manicured fingernails softly scratching his skin.

          "This is not how I wanted my life to be. This totally sucks!!!"

          "You care to tell me?"

          "Why did he have to turn me? Why couldn't he kill me like my colleagues? I hate it! I hate being a vampire!!!" Sean's resentment was not the first time he had behaved in a similar manner.

          "I am sure he had his reasons for sparing your life. You should be grateful."

          "He has ruined my life. There's nothing to be grateful about. I have turned into something unnatural."

          "No, you have not."

          "Yes, I have. You have no -"

          "Sean, being a vampire is so wonderful," cut in Vanessa. "You are an immortal, Sean! Think about the centuries lying before you. Think of the amazing things you can do in all this time."

           "Can't you see I have become a monster? A creature of the night who has to suck the blood of innocent people to sustain himself? Someone who cannot go out and soak in the sun that he loves so much to do, someone who has to sleep in a coffin or a confined room at night so that he is not disturbed or threatened? Someone who cannot eat normal food like pizza, nachos, burgers, or drink chilled beer for it would make him nauseous. I don't want such a life, Vanessa, I don't crave such a life."

           "You win some, lose some, Sean. In this case, you have got a hell lot more in bargain."

           "I have lost my right to be a human. It makes me feel like.........I want to........,"

            Vanessa was alarmed. She sidled up to him and her hazel eyes bore into his troubled olive gaze. "Don't try any drastic measure, Sean. Please. I implore you."

            Sean was unspeaking. He tore his eyes off her intense scrutiny.

            "It's always hard in the beginning, love. Then you slowly start adapting and before you know it, you are already loving it."

            "Was that what happened with you? You love being a vampire?"

            "Of course, Sean, I totally love it! The feeling of being an immortal, the feeling when you entrance a victim and then suck his or her blood, the thrill of the hunts, the rush of blood while settling territorial quarrels............Oh, Sean, the pleasure is indescribable!"

            "You are a monster as well, and one who enjoys what it does. You disgust me, Vanessa." Sean scowled and fingered his week-old fangs.

             Vanessa rounded on him, tetchily, "Why do you do that to me, Sean? Why do you hurt me, distress me with such scathing words?"

             Sean grumbled under his breath and fixed his gaze on the scenery outside. She will never understand. She likes to have her own way, even with me. Nothing must disrupt her time of pleasure. So why do I stick around with her? These thoughts swirled in his mind, even as Vanessa ventured her arm around his waist.

            A commotion outside the room snapped Sean back to the present scenario. He rose, disentangling Vanessa's reluctant arm from round his waist and strode towards the door.

           "Where are you going?"

           "Something's happening outside. I want to see what it's about," said Sean. He opened the door and made his way down the hall.

           "Aarrghhh!" Vanessa hissed, infuriated. She snatched her purse from the bed and put on her sandals. She smoothed out her low-cut dress.

           "For a vampire, he is quite a cry-baby," she griped, frowning.

           Then she walked out the door following him, slamming it shut.

                                                             -- DEEP

*** COMMENT and VOTE if u liked the story !!! THANKS A LOT !!! ;-))