22. To Please the King

grat·i·fi·ca·tion
/ˌɡradəfəˈkāSH(ə)n/

noun

"a thirst for sexual gratification"

pleasure, especially when gained from the satisfaction of a desire.

〘␛〙

It had been a while since I tallied on my throne's armrest, losing track of the days and weeks a long time ago. I haven't seen a stream for what felt like a lifetime, forgetting what the boys that I once knew sounded like.

I didn't wear the bandana, glasses or hoodie anymore, gowns keeping me gracious and poised. Techno and I got along well, being able to stand in the same room now. I was much more civil towards him, speaking without an attitude. Today, he promised me that he would take me outside for all my recent good behaviour.

"Ready, Y/N?" Techno called out to me as he descended from our room. I smiled and nodded.

"I'm excited. I've been itching to get out," I told him as he came over, my arm linking with his from muscle memory. It was a new habit that I adapted rather quickly.

"I'm glad," he chuckled as we stepped outside the castle and left the palace walls. We roamed the beautiful terrain, Techno let me take down any mob I had seen with my bow and arrows. I was a bit rusty from not having anything to shoot at inside the castle, but that didn't stop me.

"For you, my dearest nerd," Techno handed me a bright red poppy, a gentle smile gracing his features. I took it and winked at him before giggling uncontrollably.

"Aren't you just the most romantic man I have ever met?" I giggled, rolling my eyes playfully with sweet sarcasm lacing my voice.

"Only for you- and sometimes Wilbur," he joked.

"Yeah right! I'm sure he's utterly terrified of you," I retaliated lightly as we continued to take our walk, the rest of the trip filled with a comfortable silence.

We returned back inside the palace walls at sundown, watching as the large yellow star set against a pink sky. I rested my head on the king's shoulder, my eyes never leaving the evening sky.

"It's all so beautiful," I whispered to him, my eyes shifting over to the pink haired ruler. "Don't you dare say it," I glared playfully.

"Say what?" He teased, knowing exactly what I meant. "You don't want me to tell you that the sunset isn't as beautiful as you?" He smirked.

"That's exactly what I don't want you to do," I laughed softly, promoting him to join in.

"I wasn't going to in the first place, don't flatter yourself," he choked out, trying to hold back an eye roll. My jaw dropped in shock and he lost it, his laugh being heard across biomes miles away. I joined after awhile, knowing he was only joking. Once or laughter fizzled out, I tapped his shoulder.

"You're it," I said before taking off into a sprint, turning to see Techno chasing me.

"Everyone get off your mounts if you're on one!" I ordered. The three boys who weren't walking followed my command with confused looks.

"Why? What's wrong Y/N-" Bad started to ask, but I cut him off by tapping him on the shoulder lightly.

"Tag! You're it!" I cried out as I dashed forward, the rest of the boys following me as their unique laughs rang out into the once quiet air.