10. She's Back

vi·sion
/ˈviZHən/

noun

"the organization had lost its vision and direction"

an experience of seeing someone or something in a dream or trance, or as a supernatural apparition.

〘␛〙

"Y/N! Wake up!" I heard someone shout. I rubbed my eyes and moaned, upset at the fact that I had to get up.

"Hey, we're ready to go into the portal. You can't sleep anymore." That pulled me awake. Fast. I sat up and opened my eyes, my head clashing with Sapnap's.

"Ow!" We yelled at the same time.

"You okay?" Illumina asked.

"My head is fine," I said as I soothed the sore area with my cool palm.

"No, he means earlier. You were kinda talking- or yelling in your sleep. Did something happen?" Bad said, concern lacing his voice.

I remembered it all. Being abandoned in the underground ravine. The conveniently placed portal. The ghast. The fortress. The wither skeleton. The lava. Him.

"No- nothing at all! Why would you think that?" I laughed nervously, ignoring all of their confused looks. "What? Let's go! Aren't you guys excited to explore the nether? I know I am!" I said as I stood up and stretched.

"That's good! We built the animals a pen — a stronger one this time — so they'll be waiting for us right here when we get back! Oh, we also laid out enough food for them, don't worry," George filled me in on what they did while I was asleep. I nodded and smiled.

"If everyone's ready, let's go," Dream spoke for the first time today. I sighed, seemingly for no reason at all, and watched as the boys climbed in. I waited for them all to enter the netherworld before going in after them.

"Please don't let anything go wrong," I whispered to no one in particular.

When the red, blue and brown mixed terrains appeared in front of me, I stepped out and stumbled a bit, falling into Illumina. He reached out and helped me balance, sending a quick yet small smile my way. I just smiled back at him goofily.

"Uh... What the fuck happened to the nether?" I asked while taking everything in a second time. It looked nothing like my vision at all.

"It's that 1.16 update. It's bullshit," Dream rolled his eyes. I groaned in frustration and kicked a bunch of nether rocks, pissed off that I wasn't in my comfort zone.

"Alright, I say we all stay together and pick a direction," Illumina said as he looked out across the land.

"We need to go this way," I said as I pointed in a direction that randomly came to me. Maybe it was from my dream last night, even with the changes that were made.

"How are you so sure?" George questioned me.

"I dunno. Just am." I mumbled in a trance-like state, my legs carrying me in the direction we needed to go in. The boys just followed, but Bad caught up and walked at my pace.

"Are you sure nothing happened last night?" He whispered, searching my face for any emotion.

"Positive." I answered simply.