chapter eleven

Chapter eleven.         [Damper the feelings.]

  ‘Do you think she will make it?’

‘I don’t know yet, but i hope she does.’

      ‘I am so sorry boss we could not help the situation.’

The words echoed in the darkness in my head and i tried to blot it out, i wanted to be in heaven somewhere peaceful and quiet but the voices kept talking and i wanted to shut them up so i could enjoy my sleep in heaven. I opened my eyes slowly and gently and the first face i saw was that of Steven hovering over me next to her was mummy tutu and some others. It was not possible i was in heaven so i closed my eyes and this time i saw myself in a garden with lots of fruits to eat….it was so appealing that i bit my tongue in haste to taste the delicious looking fruits.

    ‘She is talking in her dream.’ Someone lamented. The voice was extremely loud and annoying; the nosy people were getting on my nerves.

   ‘She has fever.’

That was it, i have had enough i opened my eyes immediately and found myself in a different room…but the people were the same, i could not make out their face clearly but i recognized their voices.

     ‘She is coming around.’

‘Praise god.’

   ‘I thought she would die. I nearly ran over her, oh god!!!’

 ‘Have she eaten?’

I tried to sit up but someone restrained me.

‘You can’t get up Eve.’

     The person tried to touch my shoulder but i moved away. ‘Don’t touch me!!!’

‘Eve it is me…Steven. Don’t you remember?’

I did remember him as my last memory rushed over and i shivered.

 ‘I don’t want to be here!! How did i get here? I don’t want to stay here.’

‘Eve it is okay. ‘he said trying to calm my jumpy nerves.

    He tried to calm me down but, all his efforts yielded futile results he dismissed the people in the room and sat opposite me watching me with a tenderness that warmed my heart.

    ‘I was told about everything and i sincerely apologize for her savage behavior.’

I looked away and said nothing.

    ‘Why did you try to kill yourself yesterday?’ He asked suddenly.

I flinched and turned away avoiding the inquisitive gaze.

  ‘No matter what happens’ He continued. ‘You should never try to kill yourself….’

That annoyed me. ‘What do you care?’

    ‘I care because i am a humanitarian and i believe that taking your life would not solve your problems  because, as long as there is life there is hope you never what tomorrow may bring. I was once a sadist too but i never knew my future would be a bright as it is today’

  He was right, and i felt stupid for my actions. He was so different from Stella and that was because he was humble and caring.

    ‘My parents want to meet you.’

‘Your parents?’

   ‘Yes, i went to welcome them at the airport.’

 ‘They are here? Like right now?’

     ‘Yes.’ He smiled. ‘I would let someone in now, to take care of you. When you are done, my parents would come and see you…..’ he moved towards the door and turned. ‘Remember don’t do anything i would not do and try to look glamorous.’ He joked.

  I smiled and watched him open the door slowly and like a thought crossed his mind he stopped.

‘School resumes next week so i would get everything you need for you, remember my parents are very nice do everything to please them, i am sure they would like you the way i do.’ He winked and moved out. Letting the maid caring my foods come inside with the tray.

    It must have been quite a show for his parents yesterday when i slummed in front of their car, i knew Stella would pay for what she did to me and i have to think of something to hurt her the way she does with me.

This chapter is short so please bear with me, i need an editor, so if you want to help me with banners editing or book trailers pls send me a message. Don’t forget to help me by voting.      

^^^^^^^thank^^^^^