Day 5

Philip's P.O.V.*

Day 5. Wow, I still can't believe that this is nearly over. I mean I might actually get to marry the beautiful Theodisa Burr if this ends well! I had no idea what to do with Theodosia, today. I mean we already had a good relationship with each other. But I think that we really had to work on our relationships with each other parents.

So for today, I organized for her to spend the day with my parents, while I spent the day with her father. I already knew she'd have a great time with my mother. I mean I'd seen them chatting multiple times in the last couple of days and they both seemed excited. 

The problem was my father. Everyone knew that he didn't like Burr. Which meant he might try to make up excuses not to like Theodosia. But I was hoping that he'd try to be mature at least for me. I had told him multiple times over the last couple of days that this meant the world to me and he had said he understood. But how much had he?

"So, what do you want to do?" Mr. Burr asked from his spot on his couch.

"I'm not sure," I said from my spot on an armchair. 

I had arrived at the Burr household 15 minutes ago, and we had spent the whole 15 minutes in uncomfortable silence. All I did was look down at my outfit. I was wearing a long white shirt, a long black silk coat, black breeches, and black buckled boots. My unruly curly hair was resting on my shoulders. 

Mr. Burr just sighed looking down at his hands awkwardly. I honestly felt that I had no idea what I was doing right now. Mr. Burr was wearing black breeches a white shirt with a black buttoned waistcoat, with a long silk purple coat on top, and black buckled boots. 

I need to figure something out for us to do. I couldn't let this flop. I needed him to like me so that Theodosia and I could go and get married. I began looking around the living trying to find clues as to what he might like. But as I looked around the living room, I realized something. 

He really liked classical music. He had loads of classical records, set up beside a record player, as well as a large piano, with classical music sheets on it. That was it! I knew of a classical concert happening downtown in the fancy theater, maybe I could take him to that.

"Mr. Burr, perhaps we could go downtown to the theater for a classical music concert?" I said waiting for his hopefully excited response.

"I'd love to!" He said immediately jumping up from his seat.

I laughed lightly as we headed over to the door, stepping out of the house as he locked the door behind us. I think I just managed to get Mr. Burr on my good side. And I genuinely liked classical music, so it was a win win, in my book. We walked side by side down the street not saying anything for a minute or so until Mr. burr finally decided to speak.

"So what do you like about my daughter?" He asked genuinely smilign at me.

"Well, um she's really smart, strong and independent. She likes lots of the things that I like, and she's really beautiful." I said smilign lightly as I felt a blush creep up my cheeks. Just thinking about Theodosia, made me feel all giddy and emabrressedf.

"You know that was how I felt when I met her mother." Mr. Burr said smilign as he thought about the past before Theodosia was born.

"Reeally?" I asked smilign at the thought of a younger Aaron Burr, being head over heels, for a women who looked a lot like Theodosia.

"Yeah." He said smilign a light brush crept up his cheeks. "It's nice being in love isn't it?" Mr. Burr said grinning at me.

"Its amazing." I said looking up at the sky.

"It truly is." 

And that's how our day went. We arrived at the theatre buying tickets for the concert just before they were about to start. We had decent seats as we sat there together listeignn to some of some early 1700s classical hits. And after today I truly felt like I'd managed to bond with Theodosia's father. And i truly felt like this might actually work and that I might actually be able to marry Theodosia with no problems.