Convincing Aaron Burr

Theodosia's P.O.V.*

The Winter Ball had been magnificent, to say the least. I had danced the night away with my girlfriends, eating food, showing off our new dresses, accessories, and hairstyles to one another. But tonight had been different from any other ball I'd ever attended. Because that night I met him. 

It had been two months since we had formally met at the ball. But his image was still engraved in my head. His shoulder-length curly brown hair, his perfect tan skin, coated in light brown freckles. And of course, his gentle smile, which had made my heart flutter up to the sky. 

Ever since that day two months ago, Philip and I would send letters back and forth talking to each other eagerly about our day. And about how much we missed each other. We both one that deep down we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together, but there was one catch to our perfect Winter Ball romance.

Our fathers. Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr did not get along not one bit. They argued about everything, no matter the topic. But what would my father say if I told him that I wanted to marry Alexander Hamilton's eldest son?

"Absolutely not!" Father said as he read over some papers n his desk. 

"But fath-"

"Do you think I'm crazy? Why would I let my beautiful daughter marry the son of a fool?" Father asked as he stood up from his desk angrily slamming his hands onto the desk, causing some papers to fall.

"But this is not about your stupid rivalry with Hamilton! It's about his son, not him." I retorted angrily folding my arms over my chest.

"You don't even know the boy." Father sad running a hand over his head.

"But father I do, and he's so amazing, sweet, and romantic! We've been talking by letter and he's been so sweet! Father, please consider it!" I practically begged wrapping my arms around my father's side.

"Well perhaps, we could invite, Hamilton, and his son over for tea, tomorrow, to discuss, the future." He said smiling.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I practically, screamed wrapping my arms around his waist tightly again before letting go of him. "What do I wear!?" I said running out of the room.

I ran down the hall of my house, entering my room at the end of the hall. I walked over to my full-length mirror, to look at my features. I had dark brown body wave hair, light brown skin, full lips, light brown eyes, and a small body. My hair was just resting on my shoulders, calmly.

I smiled at myself in the mirror, as I observed the dress that I was wearing.

It was a tight light pink corset with sleeves that stopped at my elbow and had long white frills. The skirt itself was long and white with a pannier underneath to give it volume. I twirled a bit as I smiled at my reflection. But now I needed to find something cute to wear tomorrow. When Philip and I had talked he had told me that he liked the color baby blue, so I walked over to my closet. 

I began rummaging through it, trying to find the perfect dress, stopping in front of one that I hadn't worn in a while. It was all baby blue with a low boat neck dress, with dark blue bows on each arm. The neckline had a fancy white floral lace hanging off it. The waste had a dark blue ribbon tied tightly around it with a large dark blue ribbon flower in the middle. The skirt of the dress was long and white with a simple crinoline under piece. 

I took the dress holding the hanger over my body as I looked at myself in the mirror instantly falling in love with it all over again. I seriously prayed that Philip would like it as much as I did. I hung the dress up on the back of my door, as I walked over to my vanity. 

I rummaged through my small drawer trying to find some jewelry to match my dress. After a few moments of searching, I found the perfect thing to add to the look. A silver chained necklace with a large dark blue gem hanging off of it.

I put it onto the vanity table pulling out a small dark blue beaded bracelet. I held it tightly in my hand as I remembered the magical night that I had received it on. Philip and I had been dancing together, when I had complimented him on his bracelet he told me that he wanted me to have it, and gave it to me insisting that I keep it. So I did.

And every time I held onto that bracelet I'd remember the faithful night two months ago that I had fallen in love.