Visit Twenty-One

Visit Twenty-one:

Reason: Check up, blood work

Symptoms: leg fracture, fatigue

Time in: 1:00 pm March 7th, 2016

Jennie was just going to tell her. She had too. She'd been getting about three hours of sleep a night, she hadn't eaten a full meal in a week, bags were under her eyes. And she wasn't getting any younger, if she kept this up she could get crows feet, and while Jennie knew that one day she'd retire, she had a few more years before she had to seriously consider it given her worldwide status.

In the last appointment Jennie had tried to hint that maybe they should go on a date. Tried and failed, but really - how many times did she have to make that lame joke for Jisoo to get it? Jennie was practically screaming: DATE ME.

So, now Jennie was just going to do it. At least today Jisoo wouldn't be touching her butt, that made it a little less terrifying; but not by much.

Jennie swallowed in as Jisoo approached her with the needle to take her blood work.

"Hopefully with the B12 these results come back better than last time. You have been taking care of yourself, right?"

Jennie gave a hesitant laugh. "About that..."

"Jennie."

"We need to talk about something," Jennie said, chewing on her lip. Her hands pressed into the examination table, the sweat leaving marks on the leathery material.

Jisoo paused amidst getting ready to wrap Jennie's arm. She looked at Jennie, her expression blank for just a moment. Jisoo's top lip was wet, and Jennie wondered why they were both so hot when the room they were in couldn't be any colder.

"After?" she croaked, covering it up with a small smile.

Jennie nodded, extending her left arm. Jisoo wrapped it up tighter than usual, her hands a little shaky. She looked down at Jennie's arm, pressed on the vein.

"It's nothing bad," Jennie said, seeing how uneasy Jisoo suddenly got. It wasn't bad, well for Jisoo. For Jisoo, if she didn't like Jennie she could just say: sorry. For Jennie it would probably feel worse than the leg injury she was sporting, and take way longer to heal.

Jisoo glanced up from Jennie's arm, smiled again while letting out a tiny breath. Jennie then looked away as Jisoo set the needle close to her skin.

"So, how was the year away," Jisoo asked in way of distraction, though Jennie still felt the tiniest pinch when the needle entered her arm. Her skin was hyper sensitive, even Jisoo's body heat was sending tingles down her spine.

"Good! Met lots of fans, though some in Florida were, hmm... very florida." She took in a breath. "Jennie missed Jisoo; though the onset medics were nicer!" she teased, though it wasn't really true. Most of them were silent, making quick work out of everything. They lacked personality.

"Clearly not as proficient, though," she muttered.

"Well, you are the best doctor in the world."

"No matter what you say you're not getting out of the B12 shots."

Jennie rolled her eyes, but it did feel good to engage in banter; not be so damn nervous. "Can't I just compliment the fabulous Doctor Kim."

"You can't even eat and sleep properly," Jisoo deadpanned because apparently she was just, like, never going to let that go. "By the way, are you going to tell me why you're still failing to do both of those things even with me telling you to every week."