Visit Sixteen

Visit Sixteen:

Reason: Broken leg, fainting

Symptoms: Heart rate accelerated, pale, shallow breathing, low blood pressure, fracture on left leg, nausea, vomiting

Time in: 9:00 pm February 14th, 2016

Someone could correct her later if she was wrong, but Jisoo was almost fucking positive she told Jennie not to die while gone. So, seeing Jennie in a hospital bed a year later on valentine's day completely out of it with a puke bucket next to her bed was a little more than concerning.

"Idiot," Jisoo muttered, though her heart was racing.

It started with a call from one worried Chaeyoung . Of course, Jisoo had been off at that point, settled in her apartment after a long day at the practice. She only worked at the hospital on weekends, typically. But, Chaeyoung had mentioned Jennie's name and mentioned the hospital. Jisoo had already been halfway out the door when Chaeyoung began talking about how Jennie refused to let the other doctors see her. Basically begged for Jisoo.

One year and the first emotion Jisoo felt was anger (and worry and panic and, okay, a lot of complicated things).

She stormed into the hospital, her hair a mess and lab coat swung on half-heartedly over teal scrubs. The woman at the front desk seemed taken aback. "Patient Kim?" Jisoo asked, looking up at the clock. It'd taken her 12 minutes to get here with speeding. 12 minutes could mean a lot depending on condition.

"1412," the woman said, a little timid.

Jisoo skipped the elevator and went for the stairs, glad that the woman up front was most likely new and didn't recognize her. She knew that later she'd get scolded for coming in on an off day and taking a patient, but that could come later.

It took her two minutes to run up the stairs, one minute to talk to the doctor outside her door and quickly explain the situation.

359 days to see Jennie Kim.

One second to become utterly breathless at the sight of her, head pushed to the side on a hospital bed. There was a small trail of drool on the pillow beneath her cheek.

"Jisoo!" someone chirped from beside Jennie, and Jisoo quickly realized that Jennie wasn't the only one in the room. "Thank you for coming here. I tried to tell her that you weren't working but she's on pain medication and not exactly reasonable," Lisa said.

Jisoo looked back to Jennie, her leg was propped up and in a big, pink bulky cast.

"Jiiisooooo," she heard from the back of the bed. Jennie lazily turned her head up, a dopey grin on her face. She was paler than Jisoo remembered, smaller - and Jennie had always been pretty small. "Jisoo came to see Jennie because she loves Jennie."

"What happened?" she asked Lisa. The ER attendant had passed Jisoo the chart before she went in, but she hadn't gotten a proper look.

"She was dancing, and then started to lag a little. I was trying to get her to stop, but she's stubborn. Anyways, the next thing I saw was her falling in the middle of a move. I went to check on her and saw she was passed out."

Jisoo nodded, then pinched the bridge of her nose. Idiot. "Is Chaeyoung here?"

Lisa nodded. "She's in the cafeteria, trying to find something Jennie will eat. She's been pretty nauseous, but the other doctor put something into her IV that would help, I think."

Jisoo looked over the chart to see what Jennie was taking already, looked over history and a more detailed version of what happened. It turned out, Jennie had not eaten at all and from what Lisa saw - did not drink much water.