Visit Twenty

Visit Twenty:

Reason: Check up, B12 shot

Symptoms: leg fracture, fatigue

Time in: 2:00 pm March 1st, 2016

Usually the one who was supposed to have sweaty palms and an accelerated heart rate was the patient. And, yes, Jennie did have those traits, but she also had a condition. What was Jisoo's excuse?

In her life, Jisoo had had one and a half girlfriends. The first, a girl from her freshman year of college. It lasted six months, and Jisoo ended it to focus on studies. She had felt bad, but wasn't exactly devastated about the whole thing.

The half had been in Jisoo's failed residency. A weird thing with another resident that never really got off the ground. Again, Jisoo had been focused on other things. In that case, it had been the new practice, which in her defense, was a lot of work.

It had never exactly been love . Jisoo never did stupid things, or felt silly or had momentary lapses in breathing. She didn't stay up late at night thinking about it. She was able to focus, always clear headed.

Jennie came into her life and hit her with a metaphorical train that hadn't stopped on impact.

Jisoo thought that maybe it was because from the moment Jennie Kim entered her life she'd felt strongly about her. Annoyed, primarily. Annoyed, and yet; when they first met there was a spark. Physically and mentally, when their hands touched for just a second Jisoo remembered feeling a faint jolt like touching a stove that was too hot.

And she was curious. Somehow along the way, Jisoo went from finding Jennie completely insufferable to, well, still insufferable but in a different way. She made Jisoo's head fuzzy, made her skin heat up, made her think about dumb things like holding hands. All concepts that Jisoo was sure she'd never be juvenile enough to feel.

Juvenile. Yes, that was the word. Jennie made her feel young - and not in a good way. The terrifying way when you don't know what the hell happens next, except in Jisoo's case she always knew what was going to happen. Since she was 13 her plans had been laid out, the next step simply a mark on the calendar, a new day.

New days with Jennie were like walking into a bees nest blindfolded.

Jisoo kept telling herself she should just refer Jennie to a new doctor. One who wasn't an idiot that fell in love with patients, perhaps. But then Jisoo would think, well what if I never saw her again. From there she'd think of the year Jennie was gone, how she came back, her condition. And it just became clear that she couldn't do it.

Her father used to say don't get too attached to patients. Jisoo regretted the fact that it was the one piece of advice from him she'd ever utterly failed.

Jisoo pressed her hand against her temple, looking at Jennie who was looking at her with wide eyes. She already had the shot in her hand, now it was just about helping Jennie get into position. For some reason when it was just the two of them, the action made her skin tingle more than it should.

Jennie sighed, then looked down at her dress. "You know, I meant what I said at the hospital. You should be buying me dinner for this." She gave an exaggerated wink, cocking her head to the side.

Jisoo walked up seeing that Jennie was ready to be positioned. "Maybe I should. Would that get you to eat better?" She took Jennie's hand, pulling her over and guiding her until she was faced down on the exam table.

Jennie hummed, then made a popping sound with her lips. Fuck. "I think it might."

This was flirting. Flirting, right? It was definitely flirting. But Jennie was an idol, half of her job was flirting.

Jisoo was a doctor, flirting was a huge no for her. She breathed in through her nose, closed her eyes. "Incredulous," she muttered. "Underwear." There was no way in hell she was going to drag Jennie's underwear down, her skin was reaching tomato levels of red.

"Not even a drink, jeez." She tugged down a pink thong and Jisoo forced herself not to choke.

Once again, Jisoo took in a deep string of breath. She was a doctor, and this was not meant to be erotic or sexy. She'd done this with several other patients. One time a patient had gone in completely commando.

She lifted Jennie's dress once her calm returned, swabbed down the right side and prepared injection. And then Jisoo saw that damn freckle again. How could a freckle be so cute?

"Um, Jisoo?" Jennie asked.

Jisoo looked at her hand, her other hand - the one that wasn't holding the needle. She as touching Jennie's butt. When did that even happen? "I was seeing if that would be a better injection site." She snatched her hand away.

"Dinner is all it takes," Jennie said again before letting out a short squeak when Jisoo inserted the needle. Why was she pressing this date joke so much? Why was she so damn annoying?

Why was she driving Jisoo absolutely insane?