Visit Seventeen

Visit Seventeen:

Reason: Broken leg, fainting

Symptoms: Heart rate accelerated, pale, shallow breathing, low blood pressure, fracture on left leg, nausea, vomiting

Time in: 6:00 pm February 14th, 2016 -- overnight stay

Date: February 15th

Jennie bit her lip, shuffled into the bed and looked away, and then back at Jisoo. A blush covered her cheeks and her chest felt too heavy.

"No past of drug use or addiction?" Jisoo asked, turning her head up to look Jennie in the eye, her lips were pinched together in an expressionless line.

Jennie's eyes widened. "No! Of course not." She looked to her right, glancing at both Chaeyoung and Lisa for support. Both nodded. Though it annoyed Jennie that Jisoo was looking at them now, almost waiting for some sort of confirmation.

Jisoo sighed, looked back down at her chart. She'd been coming in and out of Jennie's room for a while now, but until about an hour ago Jennie had been completely out of it. Morphine; something she needed more of because her leg was starting to hurt bad .

"You're blood results came back. They're not good." It felt like the first visit, Jisoo being mean and glaring a lot, her body frigid. Jisoo clenched her teeth, swallowed in. Her eyes shimmered, and under the light, almost looked a little wet.

"Lisa," Chaeyoung said after too many seconds of silence, "why don't we go to the cafeteria."

Lisa stood up, looked over at Jennie and smiled. "Good idea. Do you want anything specific, Jennie?"

Jennie felt a wave of nausea pass through her, felt a tension lingering above her head like an anvil about to drop. "No - no thanks."

Lisa nodded and then followed Chaeyoung out of the room.

Assholes.

Jisoo continued to look at Jennie, her chest moving up and down, breath coming faster. And Jennie had seen Jisoo annoyed lots of times, but never completely pissed off. It was frightening, and once again she cursed Chaeyoung and Lisa for leaving her.

And yet, at the same time she couldn't deny that Jisoo looked really good when mad.

"I'm sorry," Jennie muttered.

Jisoo looked back down at the chart. "Don't be sorry, take care of yourself. I'm not the one who's at risk for a stroke, and I'm not the one who clearly doesn't care about the ones around them." She ground her teeth together, the muscles of her jaw clenching with the movement. Slowly, she dragged her eyes up to look at Jennie.

She took in a breath. "What's going to happen when no one is around and you collapse and hit your head? When you're alone and start to have a stroke or seizure?"

A part of Jennie wanted to point out that she was never alone, but she felt that it should be left unsaid for now. Her hands were shaking underneath the thin, white blanket provided by the hospital. She didn't mean to stop taking care of herself, it hadn't been intentional. It was just a lot to keep up with. And Jennie was starting to realize that maybe she couldn't do all the things she used to be able to do, like world tours for instance.

"Jisoo?" Jennie whispered after a moment.

"What?" she said back, her own voice coarse.

"Could you come closer?"

"Why?"

"Please. Don't be a pain..."

Jisoo snorted, then wiped her eyes with the back of her hand. They were red, watery. A pang ran through Jennie's chest at the site. " I'm a pain? " she asked, but still walked over towards Jennie.

When she got right next to the bed, Jennie leaned up as far as she could. "What are you doing?" Jisoo asked, sniffing in.

"Trying to hug you, stupid." She spread her arms out, only for Jisoo to keep staring at her with that incredulous look Jennie both hated and missed.

"I don't need a hug, I need you to stop acting like a moron."

"Well Jennie needs a hug, and Jisoo's job is to make the patient feel better."

Jisoo set her jaw in place, still watching Jennie as if she was making a decision. And then, awkwardly, she leaned in and let Jennie wrap her arms around her back. After a second she placed one hand on Jennie's back, jolting a little at the feeling of bare skin. Jennie had forgotten her patient gown was backless, but at the same time something just felt right about Jisoo's sweaty palm grazing her skin, clutching her.

Jisoo pulled away after a few moments, her face flushed and upper lip slightly damp. "Now that you're awake, we need to talk about treatment," she said, clearing her throat.

Jennie yawned. "That's boring."

"Well, if someone hadn't--"

"I know. I know," Jennie cut in, holding her hands up.

"I've talked to the ortho doctor here, and you have a pretty minor fracture, so it's not bad enough that I can't treat you. As for the anemia, you're going to need to be put on B12 shots for a few months."

Jennie let out a small whine, her lips pulled down in an exaggerated frown.

Jisoo's half smile didn't help with the new panic she felt. "And the shots are typically administered every other week in the buttox."

Jennie's mouth dropped. "You want to give me shots... in the butt?"

"Not want; have to."

"I think Jisoo's enjoying this a little too much."

Jisoo winked.

And it wasn't like Jennie had forgotten how unbelievably attractive Jisoo was, but seeing her do things like that in person was enough to make her faint again. She already didn't have the best heart.

"I'll check in later, a nurse will be here soon to administer more medicine."

"Jisoo!" Jennie yelled out as she walked away, that stupid smug grin on her face. "Wait! There has to--"

"See you soon."

"Jisoo!"