Part 7

A couple weeks later....

The band and I have been invited to play in London again. We are sitting on the train, with a two hour ride ahead of us. The rest of the lads somehow begin to talk about their latest girls.

"So, Paul. Tell me how your bird is doing?  Are you still going with her? I haven't seen her much." George seems in a talkative spirt today.

"Well. She is doing very well. We want to move in together soon."

"Aye! Paulie finally caught a bird he can keep in a  cage!"

Typical John remark.

We have been talking about moving in together soon, but we don't want to rush it.

"Anything else we should know about?"

I consider telling them. Maybe I will.

"I have been thinking about, ya'know, maybe proposing to her?"

If the boys were not paying attention before, they sure are now. All of them look up at me in surprise.

Ringo is the first to speak. "Well if your sure, I say we go and pick out a ring while we are in London. "

John and George nod in agreement.

It's settled.

I am going to propose to her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The band and I are standing in a jewelry store somewhere in London. We look around for awhile, until we settle on the perfect ring. It is a simple gold band with one pearl on it. If I know one thing about my Grace,  it's that she is a simple girl. We buy the ring and head off to the stadium where we are scheduled to play tonight.

Our second album has just been released,  so this is a good time to make every show count. Brian is even talking about a trip to America.

We are almost ready to play. I just cannot stop thinking about that day in the park.

Her smile.

Her eyes.

Her kiss.

The boys have been shouting "come on" for a minute or so, and I haven't heard them until now.

I have never been so excited for what's ahead.