Part 2

Before...

I take this bus everyday. Everyday my destination is the same. The Cavern Club. The place where  I spend my days and nights.

There is no place I would rather be.

My band, the Beatles, play with me.  We made our start here. It is the place where our manager, Brian Epstein, first saw us play.

You could call it a home, of sorts.

We play a lunch time show. Although it is mostly teenagers and older folks who come in, we still have a bloody marvelous time. I just hope that I won't be late.

I wait a bit, and the large green bus pulls up. I put my coins in the slot and find a seat. Usually, I am one of the last people to get off the bus, so I try to pick a seat towards the back. The only seat I can find is next to a clean-looking old fellow. I sit next to him quietly and turn my attention to the window.

I find that staring out into the streets can tell you a lot of things about people. 

Young children running and weaving in between people; they are most likely running after their mothers, whom have strayed from them while gazing at a shop window.

Middle aged men keep their heads plastered to the sidewalks, afraid to see what may lay behind their carefully structured lives.

Old people look exhausted, as if breathing the fresh sea air is the only thing keeping them upright.

Before I know it, my stop has come along. I pull the signal wire and walk quickly to the front of the bus.  The door opens and I step into the busy Liverpuilldian street. I hurry into the musty old cellar. People are already lining up to see us.

As I quickly make my way into the back room, I spot the rest of the boys in the crowd.  They see me and make a beeline over. We congregate together and say our hellos.

"Well,  it's about time you showed up! Up too late with a lady, hmm?" Remarks George. He knows me well.

"As a matter of fact, I did have a girl last night."

"Really? Who is the lucky bird this time? "

"Well, she looked an awful lot like your mother." George looks annoyed at me, but the other lads get a chuckle.

"Aye, George's mum is sure a fine one!" Ringo says without missing a beat.  George shoots him a glare, but they soon are laughing together.

The manager is egging us to come along, as it is almost time for our set to begin.

We start off with a rendition of "Lend Me Your Comb," which is an instant crowd  pleaser. We get through a couple more songs. It happens when we are in the middle of "I Saw Her Standing There." I see the most beautiful thing in the world.

I see her.