Part 6

Today is Grace's birthday, and I want it to be special.  I planned out a small picnic in the park near my house.

I pick her up at 11:30. She walks down the stairs wearing a lilac dress. She looks as stunning as the day I met her.

As we sit down on the soft grass, I spread out a lunch of tuna salad buttys and potato salad. She smiles at me as I sit back down.

"So, tell me, cowboy. How long did it take you to make this?" What she doesn't know is that my mum is an excellent cook.

"Well; erhm, I have to admit I  had some help..." She laughs that cute little laugh that melts me into a puddle.

I just cannot take it anymore.

"Grace. I just want you to know that I love you, and you are the best thing that has happened to me in a long time. I-I just..." Before I can make it any farther in my sentence,  she lays her hand over my mouth and then kisses me. Not like one of those first date kisses, but an actual passionate kiss.

We continue for maybe another half of a minute. I can tell people have started to stare. I pull away, feeling regret on my lips.

She looks at me with those clear eyes. I look into them, and instantly I am lost in a sea of beauty.

"I love you too."

It's then that I know that she is the one.