His only reason (Emblem 3 fanfic - Chapter 10)

The bathroom air was heavy. There was still mist filled in the air, I could barely breath it was so thick. But I managed to find a small note card which was left directly next to the sink, labeled “Nadine” in small, messy hand writing. The card was an off white, and the edges were printed with lace. I smiled, picking it up, and opening it slowly. The inside read “We should start over. Tonight. The 9th. In front of Penn. 8 pm.”
I put the card inside my coat jacket, smirking to myself. I exited the bathroom, relieved to be exiting the thick air. My migraine was slowly returning, my fingers massaged the corners of my forehead as I approached the solemn couch.
I hung over it, face straight inside the small pleather pillow I was rested on earlier.   There was still a slight indentation at the head of the couch where Keaton was perched, and my feet fit the dimples loosely.
My eyes fell heavy, and shut. My mouth still tasted of sugared tea, the warmness soothed my thoughts.
This felt unreal- I felt at home. Which was strange, because I hadn’t left my own house in months but lying here, until a thick wool blanket and with an empty cup to my right, I felt safe.
The room door burst open, and in came a trembling figure. My eyes remained covered however, as the voice rang through as an echo. “Drew, check out’s at 3. Where’s Nad-” They stopped mid sentence, and the room fell silent.
It was Wesley. I could feel his soft tip toes approach me, but stop at the end of the couch. There was no sound, I couldn’t even hear a breath escape his lips. I felt his eyes bellow beneath my skin, but it was welcoming. It gave me a reassuring feeling, no matter how strange that sounds.
He eventually made his way into the spot Keaton was sitting on previously, and stayed silent, slipping his feet beneath the tail of the wool blanket. His naked legs softly brushed mine, raising the hairs on the neck of my neck.
His warmth was almost natural. His leg wrapped around my right, and he fell on his side, and let out a small hum. He continued to hum for a few seconds, before the silence overcame the room again.
“Nadine.” My sleepy eyes drifted farther into my imagination, his voice being my lullaby. “Yesterday, felt like fate.” Wesley’s voice softened to a whisper, and his grip on my leg tightened. “I can’t believe I met a girl like you in a coffee shop, I always thought I’d find a girl on the beach back in California, or” I could barely make out his words, he was practically inaudible.
This doesn’t seem realistic. Keaton, Wesley. It can’t be realistic. “Nadine, I love you.” His voice croaked, as the door sprang open again.
Wesley shot up, pushing the wool blanket back over my bare legs. “What’re you doing?” He approached the figure, clearly stunned at the unexpected visit. “What do you mean what am I doing? I’m just checking up on her.”
“Oh yeah? Because checking up on her requires you to practically sleep with her while she’s fainted? Just because you get a lot of girls doesn’t mean anything Wesley, I could-” He was interrupted. “Oh yeah, Keaton? Name one girl you’ve gotten with in the past year.”
Silence. The atmosphere was tense, but I couldn’t get up. It was almost as if I was tied down to this rest, I wasn’t meant to interfere. I wasn’t in control of my own body.
Keaton left the room, and Wesley wound up returning to the corner of the couch, re-adjusting the blanket on my legs.
I couldn’t refrain, I slowly opened my eyes, and sat up, to a stunned face. He smiled, surprised that I had awoken out of no where. Before he could speak, I interrupted. “Wesley, I heard everything.” He smile slowly faded to his lips being gaped, and he awkwardly turned his face to the wall.
“I’m sorry,” he mumbled, “I don’t really know what to say.” I stared into his eyes which were searching the wall for an answer. “You don’t have to,” I smiled.

Author’s Note: Really crappy short chapter, I know. The next one will be better, promise. Sorry for not updating, been a busy week x