His only reason (Emblem 3 fanfic - Chapter 6)

My mind was racing. I was light headed and the pressure the wind forced on my temples was inevitable. My forehead felt hot. I was suffocating in my own confusion. “Wesley,” I murmured, collapsing on top of a rusted metal bench perched at the corner of the street. His caramel eyes penetrated my mind. The small curls that caressed the back of his neck intrigued me. How could I have not said anything?

If I were able to rewind time and take back all of my actions, I’d jump into his arms and taste the double mocha cappuccino that covered his lips then hold onto his hand tight and walk back to Starbucks, completely oblivious to the jealous fangirls following us from behind. But I was living in reality, and I’m an awkward person. I couldn’t even stammer out a word- how could I expect something you’d read about in a Nicholas Spark’s novel?

The tension in my legs cleared, and I fell flat on the bench, face set towards the bare night sky. There was a full moon tonight, lightly lined with a silver mist and blanketed wit ha thousands stars. I inhaled slowly, moving my eyes around the rim of each constellation, tracing them in my mind. As the seconds ticked by, the only thing I could pick up on was their individual uniqueness. It pulled me in, I was allured for those few seconds. Once you stop and actually take in whom and what’s around you, you can appreciate the true beauty of nature. Not two things in this world is identical in any way- no matter how similar the objects could appear to be.

My eyelids fell heavy, and they slowly met, leading me back into my own personal fantasy- my imagination. One where I could rewind my moments, where I wasn’t so unaware to the magnificent people God put in my world.

I’m happy here. It seems so familiar, as if it’s my home despite the fact that I’ve only been in this dream place a handful of times before. Grass. The green grass went on for what seemed like miles, perfectly covering the slight hills surrounding me. A light stream ran down the center of this valley, crystal clear and filled with perfectly rounded stepping stones.

There were trees, but one in particular, large and plentiful, caught my eye. It was stemming from the mouth of the river, and it’s branches were filled with orange leaves and small yellow apples were maturing on top. I inhaled the beauty, and noticed a figure sitting below it. There was a man. He was shaded from the branches, I couldn’t tell who it was. The only thing I could see were his two hands. They were large, and strong. In them, was an apple. It was red, and coated in a glossy shine. The apple reached his rounded lips every minute or so, vanishing a little more each and every time. I watched, captivated by his actions. The world became darker though, and a light snow fall began to flutter.

“Who are you?” I asked softly, as the wind picked up on my skin. I walked forward, towards the mouth of the river, the wind continuously getting stronger. The grass was losing it’s glorious color, it was turning yellow and dying away. “Who are you?” I whispered. But the closer I got to the man, the more the wind blinded my already squinted eyes. He heard me. He stood up, still remaining in the shade. A black hood covered his eyes, All I could see were a pair of worn out denim jeans and a black over-head sweatshirt. His hands reached the corner of his hood, they lingered, teasing my curiosity. “Who are you!” I screamed, widening my eyes. There was silence. My pupil’s dilated, as a face appeared before mine. It was Demetri’s. He was covering half of the moon, questioning me. I couldn’t hear a word he spoke. I sat up, dizzily staring at the concrete cowering below my feet. I looked back up, and he was still moaning. I placed a finger to his lips.

“If we go into the venue now, I’m sure we could still get a decent spot in the crowd.” And we left. 

Author's Note: Thanks for all the comments guys! They really mean a lot to me. And Drew's going to come in soon, don't worry. Let me know what you think so far, and when you want the next chapter :)x