Chapter Nine

Kayla's / Sky's POV

I'm sitting in the stupid bloody waiting room curled up with my brother, sobbing because my mom just came out of surgery and she was just announced that she was in a coma and probably not going to make but we have to stay positive right?

My brother here is trying to comfort me but he is trying to keep his composure too.

Kyle called about 5 minutes ago because he saw it on the news.

I asked him to come because my brother has to go in a hour because he has an early class tomorrow and I really need comforting right now and Ellie didn't pick up her damn phone and Kay doesn't know my secret so my alternative was Kyle.
I also called Kelly she also couldn't come but she cancelled my modelling shoots for the next 2 weeks.

This accident was pretty much my fault because if I didn't ask my mom to come to my modelling shoot the drunk driver never would of ran into my mom. I hardly ever ask my mom to come she just reminds me of my food and fitness.

That reminds me I haven't gone to the gym in a couple of days so I should go there soon.

"Sky I have to go its almost 11pm and I have class tomorrow are you going to be okay here by yourself?"

"Yeah I'll be fine a friend is coming soon so I'll be good."

"Okay well call me if anything happens even if it's the slightest news..." Josh trailed off.

"Yes I will, so go home and have your beauty sleep and have a good day tomorrow."

"Okay bye, remember to call me if anything happens."

"Yes Josh, Bye." I say giving him a quick hug and waving him off.

I was so lost in thought that I didn't see Kyle running through the waiting room towards me.

He handed me my precious keys.

"Hey Kayla or should I say Sky now?" Kyle said softly.

"Um Hi, you can call me Sky anytime I'm not wearing my disguise." I say a bit scratchy.
God my throat is killing me, I seriously need water.

"Would you like me to get you something to eat or drink?" Thank you Kyle for reading my thoughts.

"Can you just get me some water please?"

"Sure."

As he went to get a water a doctor came up to me.

"Your Sky Jackson right?" The doctor asks.

"Yeah."

"Well you can go see your mom now in room 254 but she's on life support, Di you want me to call any family or anyone to come pick you up?" She asks giving me a pity looks.

I hate that look.

"No thank you." I look away as a couple of tears stream down my face.

My moms not going to make it, I mean she's dead without a life support.

Kyle came back a minute later and used his thumb to wipe away a few tears that had leaked from my eyes.
He handed me the bottle of water and I took a huge gulp and screwed the lid back on.

"We can go see my mom now."

"Don't you want to see her alone?" Kyle asks softly.

"No I want you to come.
She's on life support so there's probably no chance if her waking up."

"Sky you have to think positive thoughts, you have to have hope that she'll wake up."

"Thanks." I say giving him a hug.

We walked to room 254.
I opened the door and there was my mom, her lifeless, pale body on the hospital bed. Her messy dark brown hair all over her face.

I ran to her side and took her lifeless hand in mine and just stared at her pushing her hair out of her face.

Kyle pulled a chair up for me and one next to mine for himself.

I know it seems stupid but I talked to her about all the good things that we did even though she can't reply.
I then introduced her to my new friend Kyle, yep I just said it Kyle is my friend who has a hot body, whoa did I just say that? I did, god what had the world come down too?

"So Mom this is my friend Kyle, he knows my secret but I'm glad he knows other wise he wouldn't be here now."

"Errr Hi Mrs Jackson I'm Kyle."

"Just saying my mom doesn't like people calling her Mrs Jackson just call her Kira."

"Okay then Hi Kira I'm Kyle and it's nice to meet you." He said shaking Moms other hand.
I laugh before we got interrupted by a nurse saying visiting hours are over.

I said goodbye to my mom and gave her body a hug.

We left the hospital and got to the car park and got in my car. I put the keys in and the car came to life, I put my set belt on and reversed out of the car park.

The drive was silent until I pulled up Ito his drive way.
We both got out and I walked him to the door.
We both turned to look at each other.

I gave Kyle a big hug.

"Um thanks for coming."
I say.

"It's alright, so am I your friend now?" He asks recapping what I said at the hospital.

"Ah yeah jerk face you are."

"Okay you're my friend too, good night Sweetheart." He says giving my his signature smirk.

"Good night jerk face." I say giving him a slight smile.

I turned around and walk towards my car, I heard his front door open and then a few seconds later it shut.

I should tell Josh about the life support?
Nah he's asleep so I know I told him I'd tell him if any new information can out but u don't want to awaken him from his sleep.

I need to go to the gym, I have been there I a couple of days and I need to let out a lot of steam.

God today's been a long day I can't wait to get into bed and sleep.