Why did I have to be so blind?

September 19th

Dear Diary,

I feel as if my whole world has shattered. My mom didnt even scold me for what happened at ...his house. I can't even write his name down. He went with Victoria at the same time he was going out with me. He was my first love...and he betrayed me. I think I'll stop writing for a while now in you, diary. Its sort of painfully going through you with all of my hopes and dreams about josh. i feel disgusted at myself for not seeing it sooner, or asking around of being such a DAMN WALLFLOWER!!!

Sorry about that. I didn't mean to throw you at the wall.

Me and mom had a sort of nice discussion about boys today though.

"You know, Kendra when I was your age something similar happened to me. Only on a much larger scale. About 7 heartbreakers in two years. I cried to my mama saying "All boys are the same---heartbreakers and cheaters!!" And do you know what my mama said to me?

"Honey, not all boys are the same. You just keep picking the wrong ones." At the time I was shocked and hurt that my mama was insulting me. But over time I've come to learn that...She was right."

I looked up at her and was shocked to see she had tears in her eyes.

I hugged her fiercely and knew she was thinking of dad.

I then asked the question that i had wanted to ask for years but never worked up the courage to.

"Why did dad leave?"

She looked very, very, very sad when she said, "I don't know Kenny."

"Will he come back?"

"I don't know the answer to that either, Kendra."

We stayed in that embrace for a while.

This is the last diary entry, for a very long time.

Sincerely, Kendra Mitchell

TO BE CONTINUED...

In book 2!!!