Chapter 28

Luke POV

We were all sitting in detention, during which, we had agreed to bring our idea for a new system up with the Headmaster, who was personally overseeing our detentions.

"You guys ready?" I ask in a hushed voice. "Sure." They all agree. "Then let's get this over with." I say as we all stand and walk towards Vaughn. "What seems to be the trouble?" Vaughn asks, looking up at us. "We actually wanted to ask your opinion on something important." John says. "Very well, then. What is it?" He says, intrigued. "We had come up with a new system to replace the hierarchy, and wanted to see if you would agree to enforce it." I respond. "Interesting. Let's hear it, then." He says. 

When we finish explaining it, he simply closes his eyes, thinking about whether or not it could work. After a few minutes, he opens them again. "This could very well work. How did you kids manage to think up something like this?" He says, impressed. "Actually, Luke thought of it, and the rest of us helped refine it." John says. "Is this true, Luke?" Vaughn asks me.

"Yes, it is. I was reflecting on my and John's pasts, as well as our friends in the lower tiers, when the idea of including people from all over the tier list struck me." I explain. "Well, that is certainly a new way to govern ourselves, as well as give the lower tier students the ability to better defend themselves. I'll bring this up with the rest of the staff within the next few days, and I will get back to you on how well it is received." He says, to our collective relief. "My, look at the time! You should all get back to your dorms soon." Vaughn says, getting us to leave his office. "You guys ready to train?" John asks Remi and Blyke as we all leave the school.

Vaughn POV

"Keene, can you please come to my office?" I say through the intercom. A few minutes later, the head of security steps into my office. "You wanted to see me, sir?" He says. "Yes. An idea for a new governing body was just brought to me by the Royals. I want to schedule a meeting between all staff members within this week. Can you handle that for me?" I say. "Of course, sir." He says, backing out of my office. If this works here, then maybe there is a chance it will work higher up in society. I think to myself, sitting back down in my chair and sipping at my tea.