Chapter 15

Luke POV

As they run at us, everyone, including Blyke and Isen, activate their abilities. How can they prevent me from detecting what their powers are? The only people who have been able to do that… My eyes widen in panic. Were more powerful than me. I conclude as our two sides clash, fire and ice from their side, lightning and my dagger's steel from ours, forcing them to back off. "They're both more powerful than me." I mumble into the microphone in my mask, alerting the others to their strength. "The best I can do is bring them both down to mid-high tier. Around 5.5." I say. "Then we have the element of surprise on our side. Now, Goku!" Isen says before a red beam pierces one of the girl's legs. "Volcan, keep fighting!" The male says. "Shut up, Glace!" Volcan responds, lashing out at me with her fiery claws. Good thing I focused more of my power on her. I say to myself as I block her strikes with my blades. Any hotter and these would be in danger of melting! I mentally exclaim. Suddenly, I hear a cry of pain from my right, and risk a glance. I see Glace standing over a fallen Remi, ready to launch a storm of icicles at her. "No!" I yell, shoving Volcan away from me before throwing one of my daggers at Glace. It hits its mark, and buries itself in his shoulder. As he lets out a groan of pain, I charge at him, grabbing the hilt of my dagger before kicking him, hard, in the stomach, sending him reeling away as my dagger comes free from his shoulder. "Thanks." Remi says, getting back up, blood covering her mask and both her sleeves cut from the wrist to the shoulder. "Go to the train. I'll hold them here, and follow when I get away." I say, parrying Volcan's claws once again before sending her dancing out of reach with a swipe from my other blade. "No, we're taking them down here." She responds. "Don't you listen, they're more powerful than you even with me weakening them." I say, emphasizing the second half of what I say. "...Fine. I'm leaving Blyke and Isen with you, though." She says, running down an alley. Finally. I say to myself. "Now, let's finish this, shall we?" I ask. "You just finished yourself, sending away your friend like that." Glace gloats. "Blyke." I whisper into my mask. "What?" He says, clearly annoyed. "Leave the rest of this to me. I don't want you getting roped into this if things go south." I say, charging at Volcan and Glace. I hope this works out. I say to myself.

Bonus

Name: Glace
Ability: Ice Manipulation
Level: 9.3
Physical Description: 6'5", brown hair, blue eyes, black suit pants, black half-moon mask, black trench coat
Ability Description: Ice Manipulation allows the user to draw water and instantly freeze it from the air, as well as control any already existing ice in the area. 
Passive: Resistance to cold

Name: Volcan
Ability: Pyrokinesis
Level: 9.5
Physical Description: 6'2", blond hair, golden eyes, black pants, black semi-transparent mask up to nose, black trench coat, black wide-brimmed hat
Ability Description: Pyrokinesis allows the user to manifest and control fire, albeit in a limited capacity, due to fire's unpredictable nature.
Passive: Heat resistance