Chapter 1

John POV

It was a week before the first day of school. I had finally gotten everything unpacked, with some help from my cousin, Luke.

"Hey, so my Dad told me that you want to hide your power and pose as a cripple. You sure that's a good idea?" Luke asked me, somewhat concerned.

"It's better than losing control and attacking everyone again." I respond.

"Still disappointed in yourself, huh?" He says.

"..." I have nothing to say to that.

"Come on, you've gotta get past this, man. That happened almost half a year ago. You've gotta let this go." He urges me.

"I can't. They were my friends. I don't deserve this power, so it's better if I don't use it." I say dejectedly.

" 'Whether or not you deserve it, it's part of you.' Isn't that what Uncle Will told you? Whatever it is you're going through, nobody can help you like family. If there's anything at all you need, I'll be here." He says.

"Why?" I question.

"Because you'd be there for me." He responds.

"Anyways," he continues "I thought I was getting a meal from the family's best cook for this." He teases.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll get right on that." I respond with a grin.

Maybe it won't be so bad after all. I think to myself.

Bonus

Name: John Doe
Ability: Aura Manipulation
Level: 7.8
Physical Description: 5'11", Black hair, Amber eyes, Wears vest, tie and jacket with uniform
Ability Description: Aura Manipulation allows the user to copy and enhance the effects of many abilities. It also allows the user to copy multiple abilities, switching between them at wil. The can even combininine abilities for devastating effects.
Passive: Aura Sensing