Chapter 20

Luke POV

I had just gotten a message from John, saying he and Arlo were going to fight in the east courtyard soon.

"On my way" I text back, heading towards the east courtyard while alerting Remi, Blyke, Isen and Seraphina of the event. When I get there, they're already waiting for me. "Took you long enough." Remi says, turning around. "I was on the other side of the school." I respond. "And I was on the roof. Your point?" Seraphina says. "The roof is closer than where I was." I say. "Doesn't matter, you still got here quickly enough. Now take this, and enjoy the show." Isen says, handing me a bag of popcorn. "How did you already pop this?" I ask him. "Goku's lasers produce heat." He explains, gesturing to Blyke. "Good to know." I respond, leaning against the wall, waiting for the combatants to show up.

John POV

Shit, I'm gonna be late! I say to myself, rushing to the east courtyard after chatting with my friends for a while. This is going to be messy. They don't know about my ability yet. Oh well, can't be helped now. I think to myself, hurrying through the halls. When I arrive at the east courtyard, I notice Arlo already waiting for me, along with Luke, much to my confusion. "Why are you here?" I ask. "It's normally the King who officiates matches for the other titles." He explains. "Oh, okay." I say, understanding. "You guys both ready?" He asks. "Sure." I say. "Of course." Arlo replies. "Okay, then. LISTEN UP!" Luke yells, getting everyone's attention. "This match, for the title of Jack, is between Arlo, and John! Fighters, take your places." He continues as me and Arlo back up.

"3… 2… 1… Go!" He says, initiating the match.

My POV
Holy hell, guys! It's been less than two weeks and I've already got nearly 1k reads????? I thought I'd get maybe a couple hundred once I finish this thing, but 1k in the first two weeks?????? I can't even express how excited I am that so many people actually read this! Thanks to every last one of you!