Chapter 16: Over a Barrel

It's the middle of the evening as the Mane 7 plus Spike were on a trip to visit Applejack's relatives in Appleloosa. They all took the trip by train as four Earth pony stallions were pulling the train to reach their destination. In the back of the train, Applejack was currently reading a bedtime story to someone. . . or something.

Applejack: And that's when the yellow birdie thought to himself, "Hmm. My favorite little tree isn't such a little tree anymore." So she sang her song, big and strong, and they all lived in that great, big tree happily ever after. The. . . end.

It is revealed that what Applejack was reading a bedtime story to was an apple tree that she brought along for the trip and named it Bloomberg. As she tucked it into a bed, someone cleared their throat to get Applejack's attention and it revealed to be (Y/N) who had a confused look on his face.

(Y/N): Applejack, were you just reading that tree. . . a bedtime story?

Applejack: Uh. . . well, ya know, bein' replanted in a whole new place is very upsettin' for a tree. . . and Bloomberg here is one of my favorites.

(Y/N): *sigh* Listen Applejack, I actually came in hear to ask if you can actually let Rarity sleep in here.

Applejack: What? Why?

(Y/N): For some reason, she won't stop complaining about how loud the other ponies are in the same car we're sleeping in. She constantly kept nagging me to try and convince you to give up the private sleeper car.

Applejack: Sorry, no can do (Y/N). Bloomberg's the whole reason we're makin' this trip. He needs his rest so we can give him as a gift to my relatives in Appleloosa.

(Y/N): You say that like it's your baby or something.

Applejack: Who you callin' a baby mister?! Bloomberg's no baby!

Applejack then rushed over and cuddle with the said apple tree.

Applejack: Don't wet widdle (Y/N) make you all saddy-waddy. Bloomberg's a big and strong apple tree. Yes, he is. A-coochie-coochie-coo-coo-coo!

(Y/N) just simply gave a look of "are you serious" to Applejack.

(Y/N): You make my point for me.

(Y/N) then walks back to the main car where the rest of the Mane 7 were as Rarity was delighted to see him come back to her.

Rarity: (Y/N), darling! So did Applejack allow me to sleep in the back luxurious sleeper car?!

(Y/N): Um. . . uh. . . nope.

(Y/N) then covered his ears with his wings as he knew what was going to happen next. Rarity had a shocked look on her face as she then screamed so loud that even the Earth ponies pulling the train could hear her.

Rarity: WHAAAAT?!

(Y/N): I knew that was going to happen.

Rarity: Well, this is just unexceptable! Applejack gives that luxurious, private sleeper car for some silly tree, while I am in here with our uncouth friends. How am I supposed to get my beauty sleep?!

(Y/N): I don't know. Why don't you just play along with them until you get tired enough to get sleep?

Rarity: Darling, I am not some hyperactive filly. A lady needs her beauty sleep when she says so.

(Y/N): (Thoughts) I have a feeling that this will be a long, long night.

It was now nighttime as Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Twilight, Fluttershy, and (Y/N) were still up talking to each other while Rarity and Spike were both getting annoyed from their conversations.