Chapter 18: Party of One

It was the late evening in Ponyville and (Y/N) was just flying around finishing up patrolling the town.

(Y/N): *sighs* Well, another glorious day for all of the ponies. Looks like everypony's A-OK and happy.

As (Y/N) says that however, he looks down at the ground at sees Spike down at the ground walking away clearly with a sad look on his face and carrying a bindle on his shoulder and he flies down to him.

(Y/N): Hey, what's up Spike? What's the matter?

Spike: Hey (Y/N). Twilight hates me is the matter.

(Y/N): Hates you? Spike, there's no way in all of Equestria that our friend Twilight Sparkle hates her own dragon assistant.

Spike then turns to (Y/N) with an annoyed look.

Spike: You're telling me you haven't noticed? All of you clearly appreciate Twilight's new owl Owlowiscious way more than me. It's like you all think I've gotten old from being Twilight's assistant.

(Y/N): Spike, that's not true at all. You do know what Owlowiscious is, right?

Spike: Yes, an animal that's clearly taken my reputation as Twilight's number one assistant.

(Y/N) gave Spike a "really" look and facehooved.

(Y/N): Ugh, no. Owlowiscious is an owl. Duh!

Spike: Yeah, he's an owl. So what?

(Y/N): Spike, when Twilight introduced us to Owlowiscious, she told us that this would be really helpful for her since owls are nocturnal.

Spike: Nocturnal?

(Y/N): Yeah, owls sleep during the day and they stay up all night. Twilight's not replacing you at all, Spike. She's giving you your proper rest so that you won't have to stay up all night doing her chores.

Spike looked up in the air for a second to think before he all of a sudden realized that (Y/N) was right.

Spike: You're right, I can't do all of my work at night.

(Y/N): See? Doesn't it make more sense? Twilight would never want to replace you Spike. She told me that you're actually are her number one assistant.

Spike: Really?

(Y/N): Yeah, besides what gave you the idea that Twilight hates you?

Spike then get's a sheepish look as he rubs the back of his head.

Spike: Uh. . . I may have accidentally sneezed and fried one of her books without telling her.

(Y/N): Spike, why didn't you tell Twilight when you did do it?

Spike: I didn't want to disappoint her.

(Y/N): Spike, accidents happen. If you learned anything from us like Applejack, it was best to tell the truth to her. Sure, she may have still been a little disappointed in you, but that doesn't mean she wouldn't understand that it was an accident.

Spike then looks down feeling guilty.

Spike: I feel so stupid. I was so jealous of Owlowiscious that I was missing the point of why he was there in the first place.

(Y/N) then walks up to Spike and puts his hoof around him to comfort him.

(Y/N): Everypony makes mistakes, Spike. And jealousy is normal for everypony as well. All you have to do is tell Twilight what's wrong and she'll be sure to forgive you and understand why you were jealous in the first place.