16

Julissa De La Cruz did not take the news well, and nobody expected that, for she and Nolan had already used the L word

Julissa De La Cruz did not take the news well, and nobody expected that, for she and Nolan had already used the L word. But within a few hours, she realized she was being ridiculous and ran back into the arms of her man no longer caring about the fact that he can turn into a werewolf. And of course there's also the fact that Citlali and Kim were there to talk some sense into her.

"I am so confused." Citlali attempted to not roll her eyes at the two making out on the couch while she and Kim attempted to watch a movie. It was just less than 12 hours ago that Julissa showed up in the middle of the night demanding, no, forcing her to tell her if Nolan was cheating on her. The girl was crying and frankly that was a sight she would have loved to seen months ago. "Get a room!" She yelled at the two. Sadly, that was the reason Nolan had to tell her, though he had it planned out, just- that wasn't the way he wanted to tell her.

"Actually, I have to go." Nolan stood up. Still placing kisses on Julissa's lips. "I have to patrol."

"I thought you were on imprint duty?" Julissa asked just as he was walking out.

"He was." Kim responded for the male, so he quickly just took off before asma got in him for being late. "But you two have spent the last four hours canoodling. So... yeah." She answered more annoyed than anything because for one, they never did leave the living room.

"Sorry." Julissa responde very embarrassed, hiding into one of the throw pillows. "So sorry."

"Do you know who's "watching over us" next?" Kim asked annoyed, though she was hoping it was Jared and not Paul but then again, she likes messing with Paul. She remembers how shy and nervous he was before he actually made a move in Citlali and to this day she never lets him forget it.

"Okay, can we watch another movie? This time without any interruptions?" Immediately the front door swung open causing the girls to turn around. "You know what, never mind." Citlali crossed her arms when Paul walked in through the front door with Jake. One guy was okay, three girls can make one shut up, but two? Yeah, there was no way.

"Hey-" Paul began, raising his hands in surrender. "I'm actually going to sleep. Which is what Nolan should have been doing but he's an idiot."

"You got that right." Citlali and Jake agreed, in which ended with the two high fiving each other and leaving Paul a tad bit jealous.

"Alright, lets start the movie and we don't want to hear complaining." Kim glared at Jake who she knew was going to do exactly that.

"I promise I won't." He agreed and took a seat on the rug.

He did exactly that. He didn't speak, he didn't make a sound, mostly because he too fell asleep but never the less, he followed suit. And as much as Citlali tried to focus, she wanted nothing more than to head to Nolan's room and hangout with Paul, but she also didn't want to be Nolan and Julissa 2.0. But it seemed Paul had the same thoughts because by the time the the girls started their second movie, he had walked into the living room in some fresh clean shorts and laid on the couch with his stomach down and his head right on his girls lap.

"I can't sleep." He mumbled into her leg. Of course she couldn't help herself. Citlali soon began to run her fingers through his soft hair and before she knew it, she too was falling asleep.

"No, all we know is that she's after Bella..at least that's what she says. Said that last spring, the red heads mate tried to kill her...They killed him first and now she wants revenge. We're trying our best, but she's fast. She's good at getting away."

That was the first thing Citlali heard when she woke up. She also found herself leaning against Paul with his arms around her. The room wasn't so empty anymore. Jared and Embry had joined the group and now they were just sitting in silence around the room. Normally they were all cheerful about it, but it got a little serious. You could feel it in the thick silent air, that wasn't hard to miss.

"So what happens  now?" Julissa asked, still new to the whole situation.

"We keep protecting our people." Jared respondes. "The Council's having a meeting at the moment. Sam said he's going to get them to put a curfew and to have everyone stay out of the woods.  That the bears are getting closer and closer. I think he's wrong though."

"No, I think that's the best thing to do. It keeps people out of the woods, which means they won't run into any of you changing."

"She's right." Citlali found herself agreeing, looking over at Paul. "You can't risk people finding out. And if they do, then what? You have to think about your safety too."

"They won't find out." Embry spoke up this time. He was the only one sitting down alone- without an imprint. "We'll make sure of it." He added before deciding to stand up. "I have to go. My mom will start to worry and I don't want Sam changing his mind about giving us the rest of the night off."

"He's right. We should all go get some sleep." Jared stood up following soot. Citlali watched him take Kim's hand in his and pull her with him, wrapping his arms around her as if he hadn't seen her in forever.

"You ready for bed?" Paul asked making the girl turn in confusion. Everyone had disappeared, including his brother and Julissa who were no doubt already sleeping. So Citlali went ahead and locked the front door and head back towards Paul.

"I just woke up from a nap, but I'll probably watch a movie."

"Do you mind if I join you?" He asked attempting not to look desperate. Mostly he didn't want to go home because he didn't want to tell her that his father had stopped paying the light and gas bill. Sure he could see fine in the dark and isn't bothered by the cold, but still, they're all still necessities that a human needs.

"Of course you're can. Come on." She pulled him up off the couch and began leading him towards her room. "Is there anything specific that you want to watch?"

"Whatever you want." He responded as he entered her room. Immediately, he stopped her from shutting the door, not wanting her to get in trouble, but also because he wants her mothers trust. That and she also checks up on them after going to the restroom in the middle of the night. In doing so, he soon began to move towards her small bed where she quickly went and snuggled it him.

"Is Cheaper by Dozen okay?" She asked. "It's the only movie I haven't seen today.

"That's fine, babe." He responded eyes closed with his arms around her. Already falling asleep.