1

The Present

Since the day Embry Call ended things with Citlali, things turned for the better, but like always you had to get through the pain

Since the day Embry Call ended things with Citlali, things turned for the better, but like always you had to get through the pain.  She was a lot more honest about how she felt. Like anybody else would have, she learned some things about herself.

On this particular day, she wore an old jean jacket that once belonged to her mother over a thin charcoal hoodie that held a large purple W, representing the university of Washington. It wasn't her dream school, no. It was simply a cute, never worn, still had the price tag sweater that she picked up at a thrift store in Port Angeles for five dollars. Citlali was never one to care about her clothes, as long as she was comfortable, she was fine, but this didn't seem to stop other guys from asking her out.

"I'm sorry. No." Citlali shook her head at a fellow classmate that asked her out for the second time. Turning around, widening her eyes very annoyed, she made her way to her locker to meet Maddie, like she did every day before lunch. Citlali was already beautiful, but after the incident with the scissors, it seemed that the La Push boys notice her a lot more. Not that they didn't already but more now because she's single.

"You know one day your going to have to say yes to someone, right?" Maddie asked eyeing her friend.

"Yeah, and that will happen after we graduate. I don't have time to date right now. I just- can we just go eat?" Citlali replied not wanting to talk about it because it would only bring him up.

Pursing her lips, Maddie nodded softly before she looked up, widening her eyes when she met Embry's who was standing right above Citlali. Hovering her. "I'll save you seat." The girl took off wanting no part of it. It seemed she was used to the common arguments the two often had now that they weren't together.

"What do you want Call?" Citlali turned around crossing her arms making him wince at the name filled with anger. It was clear to him that there was no love coming from her, it was all resentment.

"Cit, I already told you." He tried to move closer slowly pushing her against the locker. "I want you." He whispered placing his hand on her face. When she didn't say a thing, he began to rub his thumb up and down her cheek. Clearly, he never stopped loving the girl. "What is it that you want?"

The frowning girl was struggling to to get out of his grip. "I want you-" The girl paused and moved her eyes from him when she heard his loud friends coming from down the hall. "I want you to stay away from me." She admitted truthfully.

"Cit, you can't throw what we had away."

"I didn't throw anything away; You threw us away and I will never for-"

Immediately, Jared Cameron cut her off by pulling Embry away from the girl, keeping a strong stance between the two. "Is he bothering you?"

"Actually, he is." Citlali answered causing Embry to look hurt. Getting a better understanding, Jared started pushing Embry away, only he started fighting back.

"No, stop. It's not fair and you know it." He snapped angrily making Citlali's eyes widen in fear. Other than the argument the two often had, she's never seen him get so angry. Not like this, not like a monster. "It's not fair." He tried to go back to the girl. "This isn't fair." He repeated hating Sam so much. He was the reason behind the breakup, because it was clear that the two weren't meant to be together.

"Don't do this here." An angry Paul Lahote came running down the hall way from behind Citlali after hearing the commotion from the lunchroom. He pushed Embry trying to get him away from the girl as possible but Embry kept fighting it. The last thing Paul wanted was for Embry to explode and have another Emily incident.

"Shut up! You're not the boss of me."

"No, but I am at the moment." Jared growled taking full power from the fact that he's second in command, showing him whose Alpha the moment. After a stare down between the two, Jared started walking away with a defeated Embry following behind him.

After watching his friends go, Paul turned around to see the frightened girl trying to keep a straight face, but it was clear to him she was fighting, trying to hold in her tears. "Avoid him. It's the least you can do." Paul's belligerently voice scarred her, only he soon regretted it because when she looked up at him, the world stopped moving. For a while, it seemed like they were the only two in the room, nothing else mattered, not his pack and definitely not his friendship with Embry Call. Not realizing something was happening between the two of them, Citlali, broke eye contact.

"I'm trying." She replied. "It's not easy when every time I turn he's there giving me this look that makes me want to put a restraining order on him."

"I know that he hurt you." Paul admitted truthfully remembering the second encounter that she and Embry had after he phased. It was the following day after she cut her hair. Just thinking of the memory Embry often thought about in his wolf form angered Paul, especially now that she was his. "I promise you, he won't bother you anymore. He won't hurt you ever again."

"Yeah, don't make promises you can't keep." She bitterly muttered before she walked away wiping her eyes and nose quickly.

Under better circumstances, Paul would have been excited about finding his imprint but the fact that she was Embry's ex is what was going to complicate things. Especially since Embry is still very in love with the girl.

"Damn it!" Paul punched the nearest wall and stormed after Jared and Embry with only one thought on his mind. How was he going to mention it to the pack, sure telling Sam would be easy but it's Embry that he's worried about. He knew the kid would do anything to get the girl back. It's what he's been doing the past few months, trying to fix things, but Citlali already had it in her mind that they were done. She was done with him, which is why the two were constantly bickering.