14.

"To what do I owe thee pleasure?" Citlali asked sticking her head out of her her now open window

Instead of a response, Paul quickly reached for the girls head and brought her lips to his, making her smile into the kiss. "Paul?" She spoke again after finally pulling away from his face. In fact, since the day the two went on a date, they had spent every afternoon together, including the time they spent it together when Paul managed to actually show up to school.

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?"

"Y-yes! I mean, yeah, I'll be your girlfriend." She tried playing it cool which earned her another kiss from Paul.

"Your such a loser."

"I know." She agreed. "But that just means you are one too. You know, since I'm now your girlfriend." She teased with the playful look she's been giving him, which is something Embry can say he's never experienced and that is enough to make Paul scream in excitement. Not that she and Embry would ever joke around, it's just that this was really different. She was really different.

"Yeah, I agree." Paul nodded. "Anyway, I'm patrolling today. I will see you Monday morning. I'll be picking you up."

As quickly as he came, Paul quickly took off, but not before pecking the girl on the lips one more time and disappearing into the woods. With one more look into the woods, Citlali nodded to herself unable to hide the smile that had formed.

"That was lame." A voice came, making her jump. Turning, the girl found her brother sticking his own head out his window.

"Nolan, leave them alone." She could hear a females voice, indicating that Julissa was over. "You asked me to be your girlfriend at a drive thru. You're no better."

"It was romantic at the time, and don't lie." He shouted back still starring at his sister. At this news, Citlali mouthed a wow, making her brother flip her off before shutting his window close. Making her do the same, shutting her window and flopping back onto her bed. It was oficial. Paul was now her boyfriend and she couldn't imagine it any other way.

•••

"Finally!" Kim came rushing out of the classroom next door to hug the girl the following afternoon with Jared walking right behind her. "I can't believe this. We should have a double date!" She said more to Jared than Citlali who wasn't too thrilled about the idea. But Jared sensed that and was quick to say he'd rather just spend time with her and only her.

"I'll see you tonight, alright." Was all Jared said kissing his girl before taking off away from them.

"Maybe one day." Was all Citlali said, making Kim understand, so the girl quickly changed the subject.  "Anyway, Jared is patrolling today, do you mind if I walk with ya?"

"No." The girl shook her head. "Not at all, i usually walk with Maddie, but she's been really distant."

"It's because of me and the guys." Kim replied. "I get that you two have been best friends for the longest, but you have to understand that she's not in the loop. Thats what makes it hard. It's why I cut Darcy out of my life, I mean, we still have small talk but it's not like it used to be."

"That's what I'm afraid off." Was all Citlali replied starring off down the road with only the tree surrounding them. "That's exactly what I'm afraid."

"I know it seems hard, but at least they're safe."

"Yeah." Citlali agreed and this time the two stayed silent the whole walk. Well almost the whole walk because Kim didn't like how the girls energy changed so she decided to try something. She quickly slowed down her walking before she began running to jump onto Citlali's back who quickly went down laughing. Of course not expecting it.

"I'm so sorry." Kim apologized thinking the results would have been different. "You're weaker than you look."

"No, you just took me by surprise." Citlali continued laughing to the point where her cheeks began to hurt. Quickly standing up, she ignored the the small specks of blood on her hands as she dusted away the gravel and dirt on them. Of course they had each managed to scrap their arm and elbows since they had managed to topple int hat direction but it wasn't too but. Nothing alcohol could fix.

"I think it's only fair if I give it a try." Citlali smiled, ignoring the fact that she could feel the sting.

"Fair is fair." Kim replied moving ahead, only the two girl never managed to do a thing because right in front them a red head flashed in front of them followed by two wolves who hadn't paid attention to them. Or so they thought, because soon after, Embry and Paul showed up making sure the two were okay.

"We're fine. Paul, I'm fine." I don't think she knew we were there."

"No." He shook his head. "Jared said she changed direction when she sent blood. You're both bleeding. What happened!?" He angrily asked inspecting her arm.

"Nothing, we just fell. We're fine."

"No! She could have gotten to you if they wouldn't have been patrolling."

"Paul look at me. Paul. Look at me!" Citlali yelled causing Kim and Embry to also look over at the girl In surprise.

Paul had managed to clam down quicker than Sam could get him too and Embry knows it's because he's been practicing his control. He knows how afraid Paul is of hurting her, and him having reminding Paul every chance he had didn't help the situation. Compared to every single reason the two always fought, this was the biggest reason the two often fought, because Embry kept telling him that he was a psychopath, that didn't deserve Citlali, that he was going to hurt her one day, and it would be worse than what happened with Emily. And so Paul did what he could to prove him wrong, and he did. He managed to calm down, and apologized quickly hugging the girl as tight as he could without hurting her and that's what hurt Embry even more.

He really did lose her.