15.

"So you say no to me, but say yes to a steroid abuser

"So you say no to me, but say yes to a steroid abuser. What's up with that?"

Citlali had been walking out of first period when when she was confronted by the one kid who had asked her out multiple times since her departure with Embry. Although he wasn't ugly, he also wasn't the best looking kid out there, and also, at one point her best friend had a crush on him. Either way she couldn't do that to her. She would never do that to her.

"Wh-What?" She asked looking around, not seeing anyone who could save her. More specifically Paul, who happened to be there that day since Sam wants him to pick up his grades to graduate on time; unlike her brother, who she recently learned dropped out back in December. The entire weekend the two had fought over the situation and how he was throwing away his back up plan, more specifically because he isn't going to be a werewolf forever.

"You didn't answer my question." He snapped getting angry.

"I don't have to answer anything." She responded very calmly, though it wasn't on purpose. It just came out that way. "Jjust leave me alone." She whispered starring down at her hands

"Why? So you could go with him?" Nothing was said. As much as Citlali wanted to say yes, she couldn't bring herself to do it. She didn't have the courage she thought she had, to stick up for herself and for her boyfriend. "You're stupid for being with him."

"Is that how you always talk to my girl?" Not only did Citlali's eyes widen, but so did Vincents who knew he messed up and should have remembered that Paul managed to show up to school. "I asked a question." Paul's voice grew angrier while he pushed the kid against the wall.

"Paul, hey. Stop. He's not worth it." Citlali told him, attempting to open his fist just to let the kid go. For a second, the kid thought Paul wasn't going to retreat, but he was surprised when Paul managed to back away pulling Citlali with him.

"Man, whatever. I don't need this." The kid shoved Paul before storming off in the opposite direction.

"Does he always talk to you like that?" Paul asked still angry. Angry because he couldn't actually do anything to harm the kid, angry because of the way the kid spoke to Citlali and angry for almost losing control.

"That was the first." She responded earning a kiss on her hand which Paul had been holding. "You know I could have handled him."

"Oh, I don't believe that for a second." Paul smiled down at her. "But it's cut that you think you can."

"I can."

"Sure. Whatever you say." Paul agreed. "Anyway, I have to go talk to the principal, but do you want to meet here before lunch?" Nodding the girl, began to slowly move in the direction of her class but was quickly stopped when Paul gently peck her lips. "See ya." He took off leaving a smiling Citlali watch him go.

Just as he finally disappeared from her sight, she began turning in the direction of her class only to bump into her best friend who didn't look too happy.

"He is your boyfriend, isn't he?" Maddie Littlesea asked, sadly crossing her arms over her chest.

"Yes." Citlali answered. Remembering the day she promised she'd be the first to know. That was a whole lie now. She wasn't the first to know and Maddie knew it.

"She knew first. Didn't she?" She asked referring to Kim, the girl she has been spending more time with but of course it wasn't a choice. It just so happened that she was the only one who know about the wolves and that made everything easier for her to talk about it with.

"Yes." Citlali replied.

"Wow. Screw you Citlali." Maddie took off wanting to cry more than anything.

As much as Citlali wanted to call out her name and stop her. She didn't. Because she knew there was no way to fix it other than to tell her the truth, and there was no way she could do that. So instead she took off to class, which sadly was with Maddie and Kim.
The worst part was she knew she wouldn't be able to sit with Maddie And that's exactly how it it went.

When Citlali made it to class she had been in her way to her usual seat when Maddie quickly place her backpack on the empty chair, telling her she wasn't welcome and that hurt her.

"Cit. Over here." Kim waved the girl over. Looking back at her best friend friend, Citlali could see the hurt expression on Maddie's face. It basically read don't you dare sit with her, but also don't sit with me.

Sighing, still expecting Maddie to say something, to change her mind, which she never did, Citlali shook her head and went over to sit with Kim who was happy more than anything. Not because she was trying to throw it in Maddie's face or to be hurtful, but because she had a new friend who understood. She too had lost her friends when the two girls began to hang out and it all led back to one thing. The tribe secret.

"You okay?"

"I will be." Citlali responded earning a soft back rub from her friend. "I will be."

"Well, at least she didn't call you a bitch."

"Who the hell called your bitch?"

"It doesn't matter." Kim shook her head. "At least we're have each other right."

"Right." Citlali agreed still hurt by the way her friend was acting. Silently, focusing back on the lesson, Kim took it upon herself to lean her head up againstCitlali who in return did the same thing not realizing that her best friend was watching or that their boyfriends had heard the entire thing just one wall over.