10.

"Come on, i let it slide last weekend because you were sick, but not today

"Come on, i let it slide last weekend because you were sick, but not today. We are going to the beach." Maddie attempted pulling her best friend out of bed by pulling her arms. Only, once She managed to have Citlali in a sitting position, but the girl would just let herself flop back down, hiding under he warm covers. "Cit!" The girl growled and attempted to get the girl up once again only for Citlali to roll over on to her stomach.

"Go away." Citlali shouted into her pillow. Only then she quickly lifted her head and turned to look at her friend with confusion written in her face. "How did you even get in my house?" She asked begging to sit up.

"Oh, your brother was walking out with Julissa and let me in. Also, why didn't you tell me they were dating! He supposed to be dating me!" The girl shouted. Makings Citlali laugh. "It's not funny." Maddie smacked her friends arm. "When did it happen?"

"Who cares when it happened."

"I care, she's a terrible person. She's only going to break his heart."

"I don't think she will." Citlali admitted knowingly looking anywhere but her friends eyes. "Anyway, why would you want to go to the beach? It's cold."

"Ian invited me. Some of them are going to surf, and later they're going to set up a small fire. Just hang out. Come on. Don't be a Debbie downer."

"I guess that's fine, just as long as I come home early." Citlali agreed only because she knew she'd never get her friend to stop begging, but mostly because the two hadn't really hung out una a while.
Toy would think that after her break up with Embry the two girls would spend much more time together, but in reality it was quite the opposite which scared Maddie a bunch. Before, It was always known to her that Citlali wasn't very open with her feelings and talking about personal stuff unless it was with Embry. After the break up, after the incident with the the scissors, Maddie really believed Citlali was going to open up, especially since the two teens dated for a little over three years.

By the time the two girls arrived at the beach, Citlali spent most of the time sitting down boerdly, watching as her friend stood at the shore watching their friends surf, it was then that Citlali decided she shouldn't have came. In fact, she's miserable. Talking and hanging out was something she usually looked forward to, but lately things were different, it felt like something was missing, she just didn't know what.

"Hey, tell Maddie I had to go, will you?" Citlali asked the girl sitting not too far from her, who only responded by nodding because she was too busy eating a sandwich.

•••

"What the hell am I doing?" Citlali muttered herself when she found herself parked in front of Emily Youngs home."Ughhh" She groaned, leaning her head on the steering wheel because clearly she knew that answer to it. She knew it, she just didn't want to admit it to herself because then she'd be admitting the truth, and she isn't sure if she's ready for that.

"Hey!" Citlali jumped hearing the voice. The car was still running, headlights still on, so of course, she was blinded an unable to see who it was, so she quickly shut them off to see her brother and Julissa walking out of the small home. "What are you doing here?" He asked in a tone that made Citlali feel like she wasn't wanted.

"I-I don't. I just-"

"Hey, back off. She's always welcome here." Jogging down the short steps, Paul shoved Nolan out of the way and immediately hugged his girl who quickly had a smile on her face.

"Never mind." Nolan patted Paul's back knowingly and then continued to the car with Julissa. As soon as she was in the passenger seat and her door was shut, Nolan turned around and walked back toward his sister and just hugged her. "I told you, It was time to move on." He whispered into her ear before he kissed her head and pulled away. "I'll see you later. I'm going to drop Julissa off and then head out to patrol. Paul." He turned to look over at his best friend. "I trust you man." He patted his back once again before climbing into the car.

As soon as the silver car was out of sight, Paul with a giant smile on his face, looked over at Citlali. "What are you really doing here?" He asked curiously, no doubt ready to tease her and she knew that because his smile only turned into a smirk.

"I-" She bit her lip attempting to hide her smile, looking anywhere but him until she managed to erase the smile. "You know, I just wanted to hang out. It was weird not having you bother me every second of the day."

"Oh, Is that so?" Paul raised a brow as he crossed his arms. "It's not because you missed me?"

"Nope. That is defiantly not it." She disagreed knowing very well that he knew she was lying.

"Don't worry. I missed you too." He pulled her into another hug, resting his chin on her head. "Things have been a little rough here, or else I would have gone and visit."

"Stop." She shook her head. "You don't have to explain yourself. Not with me, okay?" Paul stood there starring down at the girl unsure of what to say, but it was clear she trusted him, so he was okay with that, just- he wasn't used to that.

"That's one thing about Citlali-" The all too familiar voice of Embry Call came from the woods along with Jared Cameron following right behind. "she's trusting and the greatest person in the world." He added patting Paul as if he had done good. Jared just starred with furrowed eyebrows, ready in case he tried anything, but of course Embry knew he couldn't do anything. He was only trying to be nice and honest, trying to learn relearn how to be her friend again, without being in love with her.

"I don't know about greatest." Citlali mumbled.

"The GREATEST, Citlali." Embry enthused playfully. "Anyway, I'm going to check in with Sam and then be on my way." He dismissed himself, leaving an awkward silence between the three.

"That went well." Jared joked before, he took off into the house once again leaving the two on their own.
Once again, the two were left alone and it was quickly decided that they would travel to the Caldwell residence and hangout.

As Paul drove Citlali's car back, she couldn't help but smile ever so often, because since the moment Paul climbed into the drivers seat, not once did he let go of her hand, which she didn't think he realized. Though, she stood corrected when he had gave her hand a squeeze and a smile.