Viens

"Niall, my sweet, sweet boy. I have some news that might upset you." Maura said in a low whisper above her precious son's half awake body.

"What is it mummy?" Niall rubed his tired eyes as he slowly sat up in his worn out bed.

"We can not live here anymore. I tried, but I can't afford this anymore." Niall tried to stay calm as he watched his tired mother's face turn into a frown and a single tear escape her eye.

"Don't worry, mummy! We will find a way to get through this, like we had gotten through everything." Niall wrapped his delicate, thin arms around his mother as he whispered sweet nothings in her ear.

"That's the thing, my love. I found a way out, but I can't do that to you." Maura started to cry even harder as she untangled her body from that of her little boy's and stood up.

"What is it, mummy?" Niall was quick to get on his feet as he rushed to his mothers side and looked her in the face.

"T-there is this wealthy couple that moved into the old Tomlinson mansion. They are searching for a housemaid. And I can get the job. But I can't leave you here alone, my sweet boy." Maura sobbed as she wrapped her hands round the small boy. He was soon to turn 17, but he was so delicate and so ready to break, that you could give him no more than 14 or 15.

"Mummy, I can take care of myself. And maybe they need a stable boy or a gardener? Then we could live there together?" Niall said in a hopeful voice, but Maura shook her head.

"No, my sweet angel. You are too precious. I want you to have a better life then this. I want to get the money, so you can study and become someone!" Maura sobbed even harder as she felt that she as a mother had failed her only light.

"And I will, Mummy! Together we can earn more money. Trust me, please!" Niall squeezed his mother's hand as he brought it to his lips and planted a gentle kiss on top of Maura's bruised skin.

~

Amelia walked around her new ballroom as her heals echoed through the massive room. She twirled few times and allowed her puffy dress dance in wavy movements around her body.

"Isn't this lovely, dear?" She said while turning around to face her husband. Her blond locks fell perfectly on her shoulders and her eyelashes fluttered like wings of a butterfly.

"It's splendid. Sure is. Louis wasn't lying when he said that his dad's old mansion is a perfect place to start off." Harry said in a low voice as he extended his hand towards Amelia. She gladly took it into hers and let her husband swirl her around the dance floor.

They swirled around and laughed while their bodies moved in unison. Blond locks of hair changing into brown curls. They were beautiful, they surely were. The perfect couple. A beauty that the little town of Holmes Chapel hasn't seen before.

Both of them came from Doncaster. They got married at a young age of 21 and now at 28 they were expected to have a family. So they bought a mansion from their best friend's Louis dad, lord Tomlinson and moved to another town. Where nobody would pester them with questions about a baby.

"Harry, my dearest. Thank you for moving us away from our nosy parents." Amelia laughed in a heartfelt laugh.

"Amelia, for you my dear? I would move us to India if that would get us further away from Doncaster!" Harry smirked and pulled Amelia out into the garden of Tomlinson mansion. Well, now it was Styles mansion.

The garden was phenomenal. It had every colour roses that there could be found. They were tall and prickly and smelled so delicious. They were made into a labyrinth. It used to be called the labyrinth of forbidden love. An old legend said that the great great grandfather of said best friend Louis, used to come to this labyrinth at night and let himself fall in to the sins that were out of this world. While his faithful and devoted wife slept, he fooled around with the little cook boy. A myth. All that it was.

~

As the Styles family got to know their new home. Another family were getting to know it too. Maura has secured her job in the mansion as a housemaid, thanks to her friend Mary.

"Miss Maura, so nice to see you again." Mary said as she bowed deep infront of her acquaintance. "Where is that delightful boy of yours?"

"He's getting our bags form the carrier." Maura said and rushed to grab Mary's hands in hers and pull them close to her heart. "Thank you, my Mary. You have saved me and my little boy from starving and perishing. We won't let you down."

"Maura, you are a fascinating woman and I know your work. You will do fine." Mary said in a sweet voice. "As for your little youngster. We will have a meeting with Mr. Styles tomorrow morning and he will find the most suitable job for him."

"I don't know how I can repay you, Mary!" Maura beamed with happiness.

"It was my job to find good workers for Mr. Styles. And that's what I did. No need to thank me." Mary smiled as she saw Niall carrying two medium size bags in his hands. He looked so delicate and as easy to break as a little twig. But he managed to carry the bags and not one bead of sweat was sliding down his body.

"Good day, Mrs. Mary! It's so nice to finally meet you!" Niall said in a respectful way as he extended his hand to take Mary's and press a light kiss to it.

"Oh, what a charmer you got here, Maura. Will have to keep him away from all the maids." Mary and Maura laughed as they slowly walked to the back of the mansion where the sleeping chambers of workers were.

Niall picked up the bags and looked up to notice a dark figure standing in one of the top windows. He could see a sleek male figure and curly hair up till his shoulders. He felt slight shivers go through all of his body as his eyes left the ones that were in the dark and he slowly walked into the mansion.

~

"My sweet boy, I know that it's not much. But it's a room all to our selfs." Maura smiles as she tucked Niall on his side of the bed. "We will get our first pay and buy you your own bed."

"I am fine with this mummy." Niall smiled and looked at his mum. "We will get through this. And I will go to a great collage and earn enough money so we can live on our own and you don't have to work ever again."

"My sweet little angel. How did I get so lucky with you?" Maura pressed a light kiss on top of Niall's light brown hair that were becoming lighter and lighter each day that he spent in the sun. "You really are my luck of an Irish!"

"Stop, mummy!" Niall blushed as he burried his face in clean sheets. They hadn't had clean sheets in such a long time.

"Now, remember baby..." suddenly Maura turned very serious and looked at Niall. "Tomorrow we are meeting with our masters and you have to be extra polite and never talk when you aren't addressed, ok?"

Niall nodded his head and looked at her mum with eyes that were shivering with anticipation. He knew how much this job is needed for his mum and him. He would not mess it up.

"And my sweet boy. The thing that Mary said. About the maids. Don't let anybody touch you in a way that is not right. Anybody. You scream and you run to me. Alright?" Maura said as she squeezed Niall's hand.

"I understand , mummy." Niall said in a low voice as he looked down at his lap. "But, mummy? What if I like somebody and they like me? Even then I can't let them touch me? Even with an embrace or a small touch?"

"My sweet baby. There are evil people in the world. You know what happened to your brother. I won't let that happen again." Maura said and cupped Niall's chin in her hand. She looked him deep in the eyes. "Nobody. Even if you like them. Only when there will be a girl that's worthy of your hand in marriage, then. After the wedding. Both of you will be able to enjoy the life of a married couple."

"But, mummy." Niall gulped down hard as he prepared to speak again. "What if I don't like gi-"

"Go to bed, Niall." Maura turned on her heels and went to the candle. Before blowing it out, she looked in Niall's direction and whispered. "You will do as I say. I vowed to protect you and I will do just that."