Part 15: House Fire

Kelly and Stella took Zane and Olivia to Cindy's house and headed for work.
As soon as they sat down to eat breakfast the bells went off. It was Herrmann's address. Stella gave that look to Kelly. "It's gonna be fine, let's go," told Kelly.
When they got to Herrmann's house they all got out of the trucks. "Kidd stays out," told Captain Casey. "Come on Captain, my kids are in there," told Stella. "We will get to them," told Casey.
Kelly gave his men orders and ran inside with Casey. Stella waited a few minutes before the walkie- talking Kelly, "Severide what's your status," asked Stella. "Almost in the nursery, where Zane and Olivia are, all of Herrmann's kids are on their way out almond with Cindy," told Kelly. Casey and Kelly got into the nursery and could hear Olivia and Zane crying. "Zane, tell me where you are, buddy, it's daddy," told Severide. "Over here, under the bed," Zane. The Fire was spreading fast. Casey grabbed Olivia and Kelly grabbed Zane. "We can't go out that way, it's too dangerous," Kelly said pointing at the door. Casey agreed. "Let's do a rope rescue," told Kelly. Casey Agreed. "Chief, it's too dangerous to go out the door and we can't wait. We are going to make a rope rescue," Kelly said on the walkie-talkie. "Copy that," told Chief Boden. "Be careful," told Stella. "Copy that," told Kelly. " Momma Stella," asked Zane after hearing her voice. "Yeah, momma Stella," told Kelly. After hearing her voice he stopped crying but when she stopped talking he started to cry again. "Stella, talk to Zane it calms him down," Kelly said over the walkie- talkie.  "Hey, buddy, you're doing great, daddy, and uncle Matt are going to get you out of the house safely, I love you," told Stella. "I love you momma Stella," told Zane, Kelly held the button for he could talk to her. "When you get down, I'm going to give you a big hug and kiss," told Stella. "Okay, momma Stella," Zane said. Kelly and Casey worked their way with the kids out of the window. "You're so brave, buddy! I see you with daddy," told Stella. "Yeah," told Zane.
Kelly and Casey finally got out of the house. Kelly put Zane down and he ran to Stella. She picked him up and gave him a big kiss on the forehead. "Momma Stella, I scared," Zane said. "I know but you're okay," told Stella. Casey handed her Olivia. "Kidd and Severide get your babies checked out at Med, take the rest of shift off," Boden said over the Walkie- Talkie. "Thank you," told Kelly.
"What caused this damn fire," Herrmann said frustrated. "Someone put a cord underneath a rug," told Captain Casey. "Lee- Henry," told Herrmann. Lee-Henry looked at him, "I'm sorry, dad! I didn't know that was going to happen," he said. "It's okay," told Herrmann.
Kelly and Stella took their babies to med to just get a check-up.
At med
"Hey Stella and Kelly," told Dr. Manning. "Hi, dr. Manning" told Stella. "Let's take a look at these cuties," told Dr. Manning. She checked their breathing and made sure they didn't have any burns. "Olivia is wheezing a little, Zane is fine. We will give her some medicine and she should be back to normal," told Dr. Manning. "Thank you," told Stella. Kelly kissed Stella's forehead. She looked up at him "thanks for saving our babies," Stella said. "Of course," Kelly said kissing her.
They went home and cuddled for the night.

A/N
Sorry, this is so short but I wanted to post something! Happy 4th of July everyone! I hope you're staying safe! If your drinking please don't drive, save lives by not drinking and driving