Part 9: Adoption

August 14, Today is another big day in the Severide family they are finalizing the adoption between Stella Severide and Zane Severide. Kelly's ex-girlfriend Emma already got the papers signed and turned in it was really easy for her to agree to the sign the papers that state that she gives her permission for Stella to adopt Zane.  They already got everything passed by the state it was just time for them to go stand in front of the judge and get it finalized.
Stella got up early feeling really excited but nervous. Stella got in the shower and soon she was greeted with a knock on the door, it was Kelly with their daughter. " Good morning, to you too," Joked Stella as Kelly handed her a naked baby and then he took his clothes off and joined her in the shower. He gave her a kiss. " Ready for yours and Zane's big day," Asked Kelly.  Stella nodded, " Yeah."
Olivia pulled her mom's hair. "Hey, don't pull my hair," told Stella in her mom's voice. Kelly laughed. Stella gave Olivia a kiss on her head. " Good morning, my sleepy baby," told Stella. Kelly held Olivia for Stella could finish washing out her conditioner. Stella and Olivia got out of the shower and went to wake up big brother. Stella and Olivia went into Zane's room and was still sleeping Stella sat down on the floor by his bed she pit Olivia in her lap then kissed Zane's head. " wakey- wakey, sweet boy," greeted Stella. Zane woke right up and wiped his eyes. " momma Stella and Zane day," Asked Zane. He had been asking that for weeks and she could finally tell him yes. Stella smiled, " Yes, sweet boy. Momma Stella and Zane day."  Kelly got out of the shower and they all started to get ready for the big day.
Stella got dressed in a light pink dress that went to her knees, with some black flats, paired with some diamond earrings,  she straightened her hair and left it down. Zane was in a white buttoned-up shirt, with jeans, and his black Vans, Kelly combed his hair over to the left with a little lift at the front. Stella dressed Olivia in a matching dress that looked like hers. Kelly put on a black shirt and some black jeans, and black Vans.
Time for court
Judge Sara Ellis is the judge in charge of the Severide case.
When everything is over Emma will no longer have to pay Kelly Child Support for Zane. Stella and Kelly are paying 1500 dollars for this adoption.
" Good morning, we are here today to finalize the adoption of Zane Severide, son of  Kelly Severide and Emma Taylor, getting adopted by stepmom Stella Severide (Kidd)," Sara started.  She looked around the room to notice that Emma hasn't shown up. " Ms.  Taylor, are you in this courtroom," Asked Sara. A few seconds of just waiting around to see if she was going to show up and that she did, high, and tipsy. " No, she can't adopt my son, I need him," Yelled Emma as she stood by the door of the courtroom. " No, she signed the papers, shes high and probably drunk," Kelly told Sara.  " we can do a drug test and if it comes back positive then we continue and she will be taken to jail, but if it comes back negative we will have to stop and we won't be able to go threw the adoption," Told Sara. " Okay." Kelly and Stella sat down in their chairs. Stella whispered to Kelly, " That drug test better be Positive." Kelly agreed and kissed her forehead, "It will be, I know Emma," told Kelly.
The drug test is back
It took about 15 minutes just to get Emma to take the drug test. When they came back they were positive and a cop came out to Emma and read her rights " you have the right to remain silent and refuse to answer questions. Anything you say may be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to consult an attorney before speaking to the police and to have an attorney present during questioning now or in the future," Told the cop. They were taking her to jail for 2  things, Drink and driving, meth and coke in her body, and in her pants.
Stella and Kelly sighed in relief. The z continued, " Mrs. Severide, Will you promise to help take care of 4-year-old Zane?" "yes, I promise to help take care of Zane." " I can now say you Mrs. Severide have full custody along with Kelly Severide. Court over." Stella picked up Zane and kissed his little head. " I love you so much Zane Severide," Told Stella. " I love you momma Stella," told Zane. Stella kissed him one more time then put him down. She gave Kelly a kiss. " want to hit the gavel," Sara asked Zane. He went with her and hit the gavel. Stella and Kelly clapped their hands and Sara put him down and Zane ran to Stella. "I hungry, momma," told Zane as Stella picked him up. "What do you want to eat," asked Stella. "McDonald's," told Zane. Kelly laughed, "any place?." Zane nodded, "McDonald's." Kelly and Stella looked at each other and laughed, "okay McDonald's it is then," told Kelly. Stella agreed.
They took Zane to McDonald's and he got a cheeseburger happy meal. He wanted to play on the slides. Stella took Olivia out of her car set and started to feed her with a breastfeeding cover. "Thank you for being an amazing wife and mom to our babies," Kelly said with a smile and placed a kiss on the side of Stella's forehead. She smiled, " I love you. Thank you for being a great husband and daddy." "I love you too, babe," told Kelly. Stella called for Zane to come to eat. Before they left Kelly took Olivia to the bathroom to change her diaper.
They went home and Zane was really tired so Stella cuddled him till he took a nap. Olivia was already asleep. Kelly sat in the room Stella told him that she was going to put Zane down for a nap then she wanted to take a nap also. She went to Zane's room and put him down and then went tom her room and Kelly was laying on the bed half asleep. She laid down and started to cuddle him. She kissed his cheek. He wrapped his hands around her and kissed her softly on the lips. Soon enough everyone in the Severide's house took a nap.