23) Amnesia Reveals Headaches

“Where are you taking me?” I asked uneasy. I couldn’t fully trust this man. Especially if I didn’t even know his name.

“A safe cabin in the middle of the woods” he answered sparing me a glance in rear view mirror.

“Why? Am I in danger?” I asked.

“Yes”

“From what?” I asked. “Big foot?” I teased. Hey, someone needed to lighten the mood.

“The A.R.C. or otherwise known as the Anti Royalty Committee” he responded coldly.

“Why are they after me?” I asked.

“They hate your uncle whose king and since they discovered you were alive they want you dead. They don’t want you to continue to expand royalty society”

“I’m royalty?” I gasped out loud in surprise. Was I living every little girl’s dream?

“Yes, princess”

“PRINCESS?!” I almost choked on my own saliva.

“That’s what I said” he retorted.

“So does that make you? My bodyguard?” I asked.

“Well, I would lay my life before yours, so yeah, I am for the time being” he responded smoothly and meaningfully.

“But I don’t even know your name” I pronounced.

“Ayato”

“Ayato? That’s a funny name! Ay-a-to!” I played with the name over my tongue.

Ayato gave me a ‘really?’ look in the mirror, a smug forming. “It seems not only your memories have faded, but also your ability to be serious at times of danger” he sighed with a smile.

“Hey, whose commanding who?! I can act how ever I want and when I want! I‘m a free princess!” I defend.

“Technically your not free”

“What do you mean?” I frowned.

“Royalties are looked upon as gods. There for you have to act like one. You aren’t free from duty of being a Royal”

“I don’t understand how is it you understand my kind so well?” I asked getting annoyed with him.

“I’ve lived long enough to understand royal rules” he shrugged.