24) A Sour Home

I couldn’t be a vampire. Vampires weren’t real. Maybe I was in a coma. Probably, hit my head so hard I was living a fantasy life while sleeping?

I ran through a series of trees, grass and pebbles. I almost fell about three times. But I needed to run. That guy was crazy. He wanted to fang me because he claimed he was a vampire prince. He was delirious. And because of him I could be in deep danger.

I was forcefully stopped in my trials when I ran hard into something.

“Princess? Oh, thank god we found you!” “I FOUND HER!” the man yelled. “What happened to you? Are you… naked?”

The man grabbed my wrist and led me out of the trees and into open road. I gave him a confused look over. He was a guy with a uniform. Only this uniform consisted of the colors red, black and gold. But I still didn’t let my guard down.

“Yes and who are you?” was the question off the top of my head.

“We are going to take you safely to your Uncle Francis, Princess Katryn. Might I add he is not pleased with you” the man explained.

Another group of men came to us. A carriage and horses accompanied with them.

“Why is he not pleased with me?” I asked like I was in another world. I felt distant.

“He did not agree with the fact you disappeared during your party of engagement. You didn’t tell him who you were going to marry last night” he informed me.

The man helped me into the carriage and closed the door after me. “If I were you I would be respectful and mannered around your uncle so he doesn’t lash out” the man advised and then walked to the front.

My heart jumped when I looked at the seats and windows around me. There was a man in here with me. He took my hand in his.

“Oh my goodness, what happened to you, Katryn? Why are you in a blanket? Where are your clothes? Were you sexually assaulted?” he asked.

“I don’t know. I think I went swimming” I answered truthfully. The man looked… alluring. He had green capturing eyes and a blond angelic hair.

“Why? With whom? Do I know them?” he pressed further.

“I don’t know. What’s your name?” I asked.

His face stayed concerned. “Are you serious? What happened to you? What do you mean you don’t know my name?” he asked.

“I think an accident happened when I went swimming” I confessed holding my head that was forming a headache.