31) Prisoner For Love

"Who is it?" I asked hesitantly to the person on the other side of the door.

"It's Ryan, I brought you some food. I heard you were sick"

"One second!"

"Guys hide!" I whispered shouted at them, throwing together the files a them.

"I know where to hide!" Claire said pushing the wardore in less than a second. So she was a vampire too.

Wait. "You know about the secret passage?" I asked in shock.

"Yeah, its when I first introduced myself to you" she admitted. Ayato gave me a strange look, but both her and Ayato crawled through the door, shutting the door behind them. I pushed the wardrobe back in place and headed for the door.

I couldn't believe Claire was the same girl who told me about Francis and Ryan being bad people.

"Come in, Ryan" I said as I swung the door open.

"Thanks. Here is some soup and a chocolate bar for desert" he walked in, placing the items on my night stand.

"Um, wow thanks. But, why are you doing this for me? I'll pass my... sickness... really quick, thank you" I asked skeptical.

"I'm trying to be nice. You know, without Francis being the one to tell me. I can be nice if I want to. And most of the time I want to" he confessed.

"Well thank you" I replied, staring at the food, blankly.

"I know your not hungry but can you taste it at least? It'll make me feel useful, after doing something nice for you" he said.

"Ah. Sure" I took a spoon and drank a spoon full of chicken flavored liquid. Soon enough, a few seconds later, I started getting a bad headache.

"How are you feeling, Katryn?" Ryan asked grabbing me before I hit floor, falling forward. His voice sounded slushy and chopped. I felt delusional.

"What did you put in the soup, Ryan?" I could barely asked, feeling sleepy.

"I saw what you did in Francis's room, Princess. You have to pay the price for breaking house rules.  You stole some files. They weren't yours, Katryn..."

^.^.^.^.^.^.^

As soon as I woke up, my head felt slightly dizzy. My eyes took a second to adjust to the horrible lighting. I realized I was handcuffed to a bench as I laid on the ground. A minor rash was progressing from the gold colored cuffs.

"Finally your up" Francis came to view as he peered into the cell I was locked in. "Ryan fetch the boy"

Before I could process his words my heart did a double knot. I saw Ryan roughly push Ayato into the room. He looked in pretty bad shape, his clothes really, which were torn.

"I want establish some ground rules now that your awake" Francis said taking a seat fairly far from my cage, in an obnoxious manner.

Ryan handcuffed Ayato to a nearby pole, inches away from the cell, I was in. I knew this visit from Francis wasn't going to be good.

I tried to put my best fight attitude. I was in b*tch mode.

"Oh goody, rules. I'd thought from our last argument you'd understand I hate rules" I gave him a cold calm tone.

"Ah, I see you remembered" he mocked.

"Why would I forget an ugly person?" I threw back.

"Well, let's not forget what I am going to tell you next" Francis leaned even farther in his chair. "I know you had help. Someone off my grounds. I just don't know how they got in. But I also know they have my files. I know exactly what files you took. You broke the rules, Katryn. Your fighting against your king. Easily treason. I could hang you in front of a crowd"

I knew Francis had no clue as to who the person, Clarisa, was. She was from his castle. She just liked to stay quiet and hidden. I barely felt alerted by his threat. I felt like a 'but' was coming soon.

"But I still need you alive"

Bingo. "Oh, yea? Does it have to do anything with me being... I don't know... The next in line for queen?"

"Oh, you are ever so clever, Katryn. Did you also know that I'm going to ask you a simple question with a simple answer. And if I don't like the answer, your boyfriend will be tortured slowly and painfully?" he gave one of his ugly smirks.

"Wow, I should have never underestimated you, uncle " I sarcastically respond.

"So I ask you Kathryn... Are you going to marry Ryan?"

"He isn't even your son" I blurted in fury.

"Steve, cut his tongue" Francis said in a pity tone.

In came a tall built man with a sharp knife and a sour face.

"NOOOOOOOOOOO!" I gave a piercing scream, at the top of my lungs.

"Are you going to marry Ryan?!"

The man had Ayato's jaw in his hand, struggling to get a hold of Ayato's mouth even open.

"Marriage should be for love not power!" I yelled at him, trying to change his mind.

"And cut his thumb too, Steve" Francis said all the while looking at me. "Your choice which ever hand"

"STOP!" I begged on the brink of tears.

"Are you going to marry Ryan? Last time I ask, Katryn. Yes or no?" Francis said in a pissed manner.

I could see Steve giving his full attention to Ayato's fingers instead of his jaw. I saw a knive touch skin, blood starting to trickle and be spilled at the base of his thumb. That's when my outfront appearance was crumbled.

"OKAY!! MAKE HIM STOP!!" I begged.

"Steve, you heard" Francis seemed pleased finally by my decision.

I saw Steve get out of Ayato's circumference of space. Only to see him still bleeding by any small damage. But he still had his finger intact, thank god.

"You hear that Ryan, you have a new bride. You're going to get married by sunrise" Francis beamed. I wanted to choke him then and there.

"What great news" Ryan gave an approving smile. Though, as he looked my way, I knew he wasn't at all happy.