12) Welcome... To Your New Home

I had a shaky feeling about today. It was another day after multiple days of cleaning. As soon as I woke up and dressed into my maid outfit. A knock at the door was heard. Yup, I was going to have a day filled with fun! No. Probably the opposite.

I opened the door revealing a nervous Grace. The woman who claimed to know me, before I even knew my parents.

“What’s wrong, Grace?” I asked worried by her expression.

“Here” she shoved clothes in my hand. “Change into these”

“Why?” I questioned.

“You’ll find out soon enough. Just get changed and go down stairs” she said motioning to the bathroom and then walked out of my view.

I did as she said. Feeling uneasy. I changed again into jeans. Yey! And into a red blouse with ruffles and a ribbon tied around my waist.

“Grace?” I asked going down the stairs in a hurry.

“Ooo-ff” I said bumping into something hard and falling on my butt.

“Seriously, next time please let me know that you’re there” I state, looking up at Ayato with a smirk in satisfaction.

“Would you like me to moan your name in pleasure, next time to get your attention?” Ayato mocked, rolling his eyes and walking away from me.

“Stupid, jerk” I muttered going into the kitchen in search for Grace.

“I heard that” a whisper said in my ear.

I buried my face in my hands. “Go away” I said to Ayato.

Looking in back of me to see Ayato gone, I sigh in relief.

“Good. You’re ready Katryn” Grace said nodding.

“What’s going on?” I asked unsteady.

She handed me an envelope.

“What’s this?” I raised an eyebrow.

“It’s the test results! Open it!” she said happy.

I opened the mail addressed to me me in a flash.

Miss Cross,

We are addressing you this letter to inform you on your family. Based on the tests we ran you, you are in fact Miss Pierce. Apart of the Pierce family. Therefore it is needed for you stay at your parent’s home that you have inherited. Your uncle, Francis Pierce will be there to take care of you.