Back In

"Ray what do you think you're mad about?" My shrink asked me as I sat down in her chair. I got up and walked to her window looking out in the sky. The grey skies were a reflection of my soul now. I touched the glass and sighed rubbing my huge belly.

"Wanting no one to ever hurt me again.....the desire to cause mischief. But I must keep my family together... doctor....I must have Jamarcus. And these sessions....they mean nothing until I have both Jamarcus and my new lifestyle back. So just can it doctor." I sigh getting my bag of food and walk out her office.

Roc called my phone and I answered immediately. "Sup hun."

"EJ called said he's in trouble. His boyfriend beat him. He said come now. I made a flight to Miami for us."

I sighed and hung up. I put on my shades and walked out the building. I got in my all black Lexus and sped off.

--------

"EJ your boyfriend is a fuckin oaf! Why would he even hit you?" I complain putting Peroxide on his face to clean as we sat in his dining room.

"How's Roc holding up?" He asks wincing. I look in his eyes and sigh. Someone beat his face in and he wants to talk about Roc?

"He's doing horrible EJ. He's on dope for Gods sake." I snap and frown at him breathing heavily.

"Damn my bad..."

"It's so fucked up EJ. He has nobody at all. I'm the only one who cares. I think that's why I defended him and Craig just walked out on me." I weeped and EJ held me closely. "I-I love him EJ---why am I this way?"

"I don't know Ray." EJ holds me closely I nuzzle into his chest listening to his heart beat. Maybe I'm not fit to be pregnant. I feel over whelmed.

"I miss Jamarcus so much. I don't know why I push him away. I didn't mean to I just haven't had weed, and the mood swings, my hormones are out of wack." I sob pinching the bridge of my nose. EJ leans back and holds my foot massaging it. "I....I need him. Being stuck with ROC. Jamarcus kept him sane. Despite the hostility." I took out a joint and then lit it. I was shivering with it in my hands. EJ ran his hand down my hair.

"I miss you. I want in the drug game again." EJ says making me shocked. EJ wants to get back in the game? "No KJ this time though."

"I can respect that but just why?"

"Tired of the quiet. Baby father just comes home to beat me and then leave."

I raise my eye brow at him. I take another puff of my joint and then place it down. "Roc." Roc comes from the living room and hands me a taser. I drop it on EJ's table and smile at him. "I think we know what to do next time he touches you right?"

He sighs, "Yes." I lean in and kiss his lips.

"I love you EJ. Don't let anyone hurt you. You're strong sometimes I wonder how I got to hurt you. " I confess honestly running my thumb down his cheek. I kneeled down and raised his shirt and kissed his belly.

"I love you and your mommy." I say nuzzling into his stomach. EJ runs his fingers thru my hair.

"I love YALL too." He laughs pulling me up. He kisses my huge belly too and hugs me at the waist.

"I'll be back soon. Gotta get Jaden and Jacob L. Chris' friends keep calling me about a job. Traitors but good enough.....I'll call you tonightEJ." I kiss him on the lips and Roc gives him dap and we leave.

Roc and I are driving with the top down in Miami streets loving the sun beating down on us.

"I'm having withdrawals." Roc admits looking down.