Chapter 42

Readers,

I just wanted to thank each and every one of you who understand that I write on this site purely for enjoyment, and that it isn’t the only thing I have going in my life. I am trying to achieve grades from learning to help me in my future and I’m sorry to say that they take priority every time.

I do understand your frustration but if you do not want to wait for chapters then simply stop reading, as much as it pains me to say. Criticism is one thing, but a time deadline isn’t. I am not getting paid for this, it is for FUN.

This chapter is for everyone who has stuck up for me these past few months and I thank you. I will be trying to update, wanting to get this story going again but it will be whenever I have the free time to do so.

Sorry again.

xxx

Chapter 42

Holly’s Pov

I didn’t know how long I had slept for, but what I did know was that I felt a whole lot better once I had woken up. I had no idea what-so-ever what was wrong with me but I couldn’t help but think that it must have been related to my lack of energy and strength. I was getting better, I could already feel the difference, and I could only hope that my immune system soon got to the level that I knew was healthy for a werewolf my age.

Feeling my eye-lids begin to flutter as I started to rouse from my sleep. I whimpered in discontent as I stretched out my form under the covers, my wolf instantly purring as I took note of the arm that was wrapped around my waist.

Smiling, I turned around only to come face to face with Adrian’s still sleeping appearance, his expression soft and calm and it was clear he was still in dreamland.

Not wanting to wake him up or disturb him I gently shifted next to him, moving so I could carefully slip out of his grasp before making a move to swing my legs over the side of the bed so I could stretch my legs, already feeling my legs begin to cramp.

I couldn’t remember the last time I had slept so well.

Due to not feeling ill I didn’t take care as I threw my legs over, my limbs tangling from the side of the bed as I sighed when I noticed my feet didn’t even touch the ground. I always tended to forget how tiny I was which was ironic considering how Adrian always seemed to tower over me whenever I was with him, which happened to be the majority of the time.

I didn’t mind, I loved it.

Shaking my head I hopped down from the bed, not expecting in the slightest for my legs to give-way under me as soon as my feet touched the plush carpet. What I also didn’t predict or expect was how harshly I hit the floor, the sound of my head hitting the frame of the side table enough to send a bolt of pain crashing through my head as I felt my face begin to grow wet with what I knew was the familiar feeling of blood.

I cried out.

“Holly?”

Whimpering I tried to pull myself up, my form leaning against the side of the cabinet as I tried to blink back the haziness which was stunning my vision.

“Holly?”

This time my mate seemed even more alarmed as I heard the sheets get thrown back before a pair of warm hands were cupping my cheeks, gently encouraging me to look up at him.

“Oh Holly,” he sighed as he took note of my pain filled gaze.

Trying to fight the urge to cry I felt how much concern and worry he felt for me, but luckily his knowledge of battle wounds, even if my wasn’t a result of a fight, made it clear that it was only a scrap. Even so I could sense how scared he was that something was wrong, and to be honest so was I.