Chapter 9

Hey readers,

Due to the large amount of support and interest in this story I decided to update a lot quicker than I had first planned to. Again I decided to keep it in Adrian’s Pov since I wanted to make it clear how protective he is of her, but I may change back to Holly’s for the next chapter but it depends what kind of mood I am in.

Thanks to everyone who has been voting and commenting from start to finish and I hope you continue to enjoy the story.

Sorry for the shorter chapter but I thought it was more effective that way, the next update won’t be long until it’s up to make up for it. Hope to hear from you all…

Lots of Love

xxx

Chapter 9

Running down the stairs I took to them two at a time as my heavy feet pounded with each step I took, my pack mates literally jumping away from me as I headed straight for the kitchen where Ryan sat with a few others, his own mate vising her parents at the other pack house.

“I heard she woke up mate, how is she?” Ryan asked as he munched on a piece of toast which looked like it was more than a little well-done. I ignored him for the moment before cursing when I realised I hadn’t asked her what she wanted, but then again she looked so hungry I doubt she would mind. The thought both pained me and pleased me, she wasn’t healthy.

“Hungry” I grunted out as I grabbed a couple of eggs and cracked them into a bowl before whisking them. I planned to make her an omelette and while I would have liked her to have something more filling I was in a rush to get back to her, this would only take several minutes to cook. Flicking on the hob I quickly poured some oil in the pan before putting it on the hob to heat up while I continued to whisk the eggs.

“How did she take the whole mate thing?” Ryan’s curious voice cut through the kitchen gaining my attention as I paused in grating the cheese, my head snapping in his direction as I levelled him with a sharp look.

“She doesn’t know” I stated as I dropped the cheese in the bowl with the eggs before whisking it, adding some salt before looking in the fridge to see if there was any meat I could add. My mum had taught me to cook at a young age before she passed away, saying that once I had found my mate it would be a good talent to have when trying to both win her over and look after her correctly. She was right of course, my mate was going to both need and love this.

As I diced some already cooked sausages I found in the fridge I added it in before pouring it into the pan, smirking when I heard it sizzle and the smell of freshly cooked food filled the kitchen which instantly had everyone’s attention as they complained about having already eaten. I rolled my eyes, but yet again Ryan’s voice brought me out of my inner thoughts.

“Why?” he asked puzzled, as if he expected me to come right out and tell the frightened girl upstairs that she was stuck with me for the rest of her life. Yea….I wasn’t going to drop that bomb shell on her just yet and scare her off; she was alarmed enough as it was. Not that I blamed her, it was clear she had been through some touch shit.

“I don’t want to pressure her” I stated honestly as I flipped the omelette before grabbing a plate to put it on, hoping she wouldn’t mind the rush job. My wolf was already snarling at me to return to her, but I effectively calmed him with the realisation that we were making our mate food to better her health, he thankfully settled down with that thought.

Ryan thankfully kept his mouth shut as I piled up her food before giving him a nod, grabbing the plate and a fork before rushing back up the stairs, eager to see my angel again. I still didn’t know her name but it would be the first thing I wanted to know about her, surely such a goddess would have a beautiful name to match…

Reaching my room I was about to burst in when I froze, she was still nervous and skittish around me so I didn’t want my eagerness to frighten her. So with that thought I gently knocked on the door before entering, taking note that she had yet to move a muscle since I had left.

“Hey sweetheart, I hope omelettes ok” I smiled wide as I slowly approached the bed and put the plate in front of her, watching as she stared at me wide eyed as I did so. I couldn’t help but stare at her as she looked at the plate in front of her, a confused expression on her delicate features as she kept glancing between the plate and to me. Again I found myself wishing that I could read that fast working mind of hers, wanting to know what she was thinking.

“Thank you but….” She trailed off, her face still scrunched up in that adorable expression of hers. I didn’t know what she was thinking but I would have thought from how famished she looked she would have already demolished my food. Didn’t she like it? Shit I knew I should have asked her what she wanted first! Stupid! Stupid!

“If you don’t like it I can-“ I started but she cut me off, looking taken aback as she did so.

“No, thank you. But why?” she asked, as if the idea of me feeding her was so outrageous that she couldn’t believe what she was seeing. I resisted the urge to snarl, my eyes scanning over her bony and unhealthy form as I did so. It was clear she wasn’t used to people caring for her enough to feed her, the thought made the alpha in me come to the surface as I swore to make all those who had taken part in my mates pain to suffer. By the end of it they would have wished I had given them a quick death, as far as I was concerned they were a pest that needed exterminated.

“You’re hungry sweetheart, please eat” I said soothingly as I carefully sat on the edge of the bed, making sure my moves were cautious and slow as she continued to watch me with nervous eyes. I knew not to push her, she would relax in her own time but until then I would just have to make her as comfortable as possible. After all, she will be staying with me now. She was MINE, she would never leave me, she would never be in pain again!

I continued to watch as she simply stared at me with curious eyes, her strangely amber gaze suddenly coming to my attention. I had never seen anything so beautiful, the rare colour making my wolf purr as I took note of how her hair was the exact same shade of mine. She was made for us, I knew that and didn’t doubt it for a second that she was anything other than mine. I would care for her, provide for her, protect her and love her for the rest of our lives.

Thankfully after what seemed like hours had passed she slowly picked up the fork with shaky hands, the sight of her bony and delicate fingers making me want to wince as I tried not to stare. I couldn’t help it though, my wolf was forcing me to watch her, to make sure she ate and got better for us. She needed to get better!

Sorry for how short it is but the next chapter is on the way and it is longer! Comment & Vote! Sorry for any errors, let me know if you spot any so I can improve the chapter by editing it!