Chapter 55

Final chapter. I’ve left it pretty open just in case I ever decide to do a sequel which is always a possibility. You have all been amazing. I know waiting a year for two chapters may be a little disappointing but hopefully you’ll all stick with me when I post my next story xx

Chapter 55

Holly’s Pov

The next few days were uneasy when it came to Adrian setting the boundaries for my old pack, informing them in strict instructions what they could and couldn’t do. After the fight with my brother he had immediately checked that both me and his cub were ok, his ear pressed against my stomach and his fingers caressing the barely there bump.

It had been adorable enough that I hadn’t been able to help but giggle.

He had been worried which was understandable, guilty for bringing me to a place I had struggled so hard with running away from. Things had changed though; I now had a mate, a baby, and a family in a new pack I adored.

I had a home.

My old pack had lost all of their privileges, including the parents who had allowed what had happened to occur right under their noses despite the fact they should have known better. Signally out any pack member for any reason never turned out a good thing. There was a reason it was frowned upon. They had tried to claim that they had known nothing, selling their own children down the river in an attempt to keep the life they had grown accustomed to.

It hadn’t worked, Adrian and Ryan having seen right through it.

Now under a new and stricter leadership the pack was already doing better, enough so that the members of the pack that had previously been forced to do the more labourer jobs had quickly become the foundation of a new start. The people who had been most important to keeping the pack going for as long as it had were those who were most neglected.

That had changed.

I hadn’t wanted anything to do with it. It was a great opportunity for Adrian to gain not only territorially but financially as well without having to resort to killing the alpha for the right to lay claim, not when it had been gifted to him. I, however, wanted nothing to do with the people who had hurt me. Some had come to seek out my forgiveness but it felt fake, desperate on their part.

I hadn’t liked it.

Much to my relief Adrian also hadn’t demanded to move into my previous childhood home which had been the property dedicated to meetings regarding my old pack. I had lived there, it didn’t exactly bring back positive memories. He hadn’t even suggested it and I loved him all the more because of it.

I smiled when I heard the bedroom door open before clicking shut, the bed tipping a few seconds later before warm fingers gently brushed my hair from my face. “Holly? You awake yet sweetheart?”

Rolling over onto my back my face lit up when I caught sight of my handsome mate, his expression a picture of sweetness and gentle love. It was still hard to believe that I had gotten as lucky as I had. He was a strong mate, a good provider, and was gentle enough that my wolf absolutely adored him.

“Did you make me breakfast?” I could smell eggs.

Adrian’s smile lit up his face. “I did. The meeting went well and everyone’s eager to take you shopping.”

I wrinkled my nose but didn’t object. I did squeal loudly when I was suddenly tugged into Adrian’s lap, my smile huge as I immediately moved to nuzzle his neck, breathing in his scent before melting against him all in the space of a few seconds.