Chapter 43

Hey readers,

This chapter isn’t completely looked over but I wanted to get it up. Sorry about that but I hope you enjoy.

xxx

Chapter 43

Adrian’s Pov

“You had better having a bloody good reason for me sending her away like that!” I snapped as soon as Holly was out of hearing range, my wolf snarling at the thought of her being in the state that she was and me not being with her. I didn’t like it, I didn’t like it one bit.

Narrowing my eyes at Lisa I took in her nervous attitude, but it was the excitement which was mixed with the worry that had me frowning. Why would she be excited about my mate being ill? What the hell was wrong with her?

Clearly sensing that I was about to snap Lisa hurriedly started speaking, her sentences coming out in a stutter as she tried to speak to quickly for her lips to form the words.

“I didn’t think it would be best for her to be present, Alpha” she rushed out. “I know you’re worried, but as for her health I can tell you that it is nothing serious.”

Breathing a sigh of relief I couldn’t help but rub my hands over my face in relief. “Thank god,” I breathed.

My relief was cut show however when she started speaking again. “But-“

Crap, I knew anything starting with a ‘but’ didn’t end well.

“What?” I demanded, wanting her to get straight to the point. I needed to know how my mate was, what I could do to make her better again. I had to know.

Lisa took a deep breath. “She’s pregnant.”

The next several minutes neither of us said anything, the words ‘she’s pregnant’ running though my head over and over again. My head was blank, and while my wolf was literally purring and howling with joy and content I was still having difficulty catching up to what she had said.

She’s pregnant

She’s pregnant

She’s pregnant

She’s pregnant

“Are you sure?” was all I could say.

Lisa nodded, trying hard not to smile. I knew what she was feeling, her own wolf humming at the thought of her female alpha being pregnant with my pup-

My pup; that sounded so good.

As a race we tended to breed young, what with the fact we were mated for life we could skip the whole issue of the fear of ending up alone. Once mated we were sorted for life; we only had one mate and they would be perfectly suited.

Holly wasn’t what I expected when I thought about the off chance that I would find my other half; but she was a million times better. She was quiet and controlled, yet when passion she would speak out. She was eager to learn, her lack of childhood education making her a delight to teach new things to. Even though I loathed, hated how she had been brought up she savoured even the smallest thing she was given. Unfortunately, it made it hard to spoil her.

But all in all, she was absolutely perfect for me.

The thought of her carrying my young, my child, was enough to bring visions to my mind. Of her pregnant. Of her feeding our pup, caring for our young. Of spending time with a child that I knew was mine.